Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know what happened to Karen Connelly?? she was a host with her husband Skip on the old CVN and then I think went to Shop HQ. I heard that her and Skip divorced and he is still on Shop HQ but haven't seen or heard of Karen for a long time, was just curious as to what she was up too. I always enjoyed shopping with her, she was very knowledgeable about the products she sold and a lot of fun to watch.

Honored Contributor
When a bunch of hosts defected from ShopNBC years ago, she was one who left to work for the new channel. It went belly up after a short while and most of the hosts went back to Shop but not Karen. She worked for a good while for another channel, maybe Shop At Home? I'm not sure of the name. Then I lost track of her and the channel. Haven't seen her for a few years now. She seems to have a sorta Facebook page and there are references to the jewelry line she once had at Shop.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
On 5/9/2014 kachina624 said: When a bunch of hosts defected from ShopNBC years ago, she was one who left to work for the new channel. It went belly up after a short while and most of the hosts went back to Shop but not Karen. She worked for a good while for another channel, maybe Shop At Home? I'm not sure of the name. Then I lost track of her and the channel. Haven't seen her for a few years now. She seems to have a sorta Facebook page and there are references to the jewelry line she once had at Shop.

Thanks for your reply, I'll check out Facebook and see what she is up too..

Honored Contributor

I didn't know Karen was married to Skip. I don't believe she worked at SAH but she did work for a smaller tv shopping channel (the name escapes me) that is no longer in business. She worked at Jtv for about a month. On paper, you would have thought that would be a good fit for her since she was a jewelry expert but she was there and suddenly she was gone. Skip was there for a while too before he went back to ShopHQ. Libby Floyd is at Jtv now. Which doesn't surprise me, she's a Jtv type of show host.

Honored Contributor
Karen seems like somewhat of a rebel and apparently has trouble ""fitting in"". She doesn't seem like Skip's type; never could figure that out. I didn't know Libby was at JTV. I always liked her so will check it out. I think she had grandiose plans when she left Shp (like so many others); apparently they didn't pan out.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Karen seemed too rough around the edges for me, not one of my favorites when I used to watch Shop NBC. However, thinking back, not many of their hosts were classy, so many screamed and laughed all the time at nothing.

Trusted Contributor

Wasn't the channel called "Value Vision" before becoming ShopNBC, and now called ShopHQ.

Esteemed Contributor
On 5/18/2014 DeltaOne said:

Wasn't the channel called "Value Vision" before becoming ShopNBC, and now called ShopHQ.

Yes, it was. I used to watch when it was Value Vision and then ShopNBC, and then it went off our channel selection.

Trusted Contributor

Was Channel surfing and saw Karen Connelly on the LC channel, don't know if she was selling a specific line or is a new host for them. If you like her be sure and check out the LC channel. It was nice to see her .  I always enjoyed her on the old CVN when she was married to Skip they were a really great team, sorry to see them divorce. She was also on  SHOPNBC for awhle with Charla another team to have fun with  and then she kinda disappeared.  I hope she is back I will watch her.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@DottieBlue  Yes.  Charla Rines was another host that left the station with Karen Connelly and never made it back.  Charla was on Evine Live  a few months ago with Isomers, but not as a host.  I really enjoyed Charla!