Honored Contributor

I always assumed that Kanye was telling the truth, that Swift knew and gave her okay.  I don't think she knew the lyrics word for word but hellooooooo,  It's Kanye West.  She knows the genre and she knows his music.   She knew what to expect.  True to who she is, she pretended to be shocked and insulted because that would get her even more publicity and attention.  Not that either one of them has much to complain about.  They both got what they wanted out of it.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sidsmom

Absolutely!

I meant that Kris probably set it up for all 3 of them to get publicity by re-igniting their previous feud(s).

I believe Taylor was in on it, for mutual benefit. Hey, they're all over the web with this story today!

No such thing as 'bad' publicity.......the only 'bad' publicity is none at all.

Yeah, I've always said they use each other for publicity. TS pretty much admits in the call that they are all playing us for fools. LOL. I guess we are the dumb ones because we're still talking about them.Smiley LOL

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom

Lived in LA for 6 years? Nice!

Did you see/met any celebrities?

😃

Respected Contributor

I too don't understand why all this is coming out now and why Kim used it in her recent Keeping up with the Kardashians episode acting all high and mighty.  Kanye's voice with or without autotune is ugly and same for his lyrics, and I'm someone who saw Straight Outta Compton and liked it.  TS never needed Kanye for anything and I agree with the other person who said it's all about the whole package and TS has it, no I don't buy her music but do enjoy some of it. 

Respected Contributor

Taylor should have stayed in Nashville. Once she moved to NY she started changing. I'm not a fan of those who dump the genre of music that made them famous either. I know she should be able to sing and do what she wants, but it seems like a slap in the face to country fans. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kanye was right?

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

Who records people and their phone conversations unless they have an ulterior motive.  How convenient that Kim recorded THIS one and I LOVE how it's released NOW instead of years ago.

Once again, the behavior speaks volumes.

He just released his Famous video within the past few months didn't he? However, I guess I don't understand how Kim came to have a VIDEO of Taylor's conversation. Who was videotaping and where was Kanye at the time. Were they skyping? It's not that I think Taylor is all that because I don't. In fact, I think Taylor is the biggest phony there is and that she probably can be a ruthless B. However, I think even less of Kim and Kanye, so there you have it. Six of one; half a dozen of the other.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kanye was right?

[ Edited ]

@JJsMom wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

She told him to go with whatever line he thinks is better then followed with "Like, I never would have expected you to tell me about a line in one of your songs."  That sort of appears like the green light to move ahead with whatever lyrics he wants.

The recording of the conversation without permission, though, was shady IMO, especially if it's against the law to do so in that state.  Who recorded it?  Kim?  Didn't appear to be Kanye.

I believe Kim taped it. I wonder if TS can sue her for that. I suppose it would keep the story going though, which she might not want. LOL

@JJsMom

Apparently not according toTMZ:

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West will not face criminal prosecution for the secret recording in which Taylor hears all about the song "Famous" ... because she had NO expectation of privacy.

TMZ broke the story, Taylor's lawyer threatened Kanye with prosecution for taping the call and Taylor Swift has been mulling over the option of filing a police report.

Here's the problem ... in California, if someone records a "confidential communication" and the other party to the conversation doesn't know it's being taped, it's a crime. But "confidential communication" does not include conversationsthat "may be overheard."

We've heard the full tape ... and Taylor knew she was overheard. The conversation from Kanye's end was on speaker phone, and during the call producer Rick Rubin speaks up several times. Members of the crew filming Kanye on the call also speak in the room.  

There's no doubt listening to the full tape ... Taylor knew she was being overheard. As a result, it's pretty clear ... Kanye didn't violate the law by recording it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

She told him to go with whatever line he thinks is better then followed with "Like, I never would have expected you to tell me about a line in one of your songs."  That sort of appears like the green light to move ahead with whatever lyrics he wants.

The recording of the conversation without permission, though, was shady IMO, especially if it's against the law to do so in that state.  Who recorded it?  Kim?  Didn't appear to be Kanye.

I believe Kim taped it. I wonder if TS can sue her for that. I suppose it would keep the story going though, which she might not want. LOL

.....and during the call producer Rick Rubin speaks up several times. 

Makes sense.

Where there's Yeezus, God can't be too far away.

Love Rick Rubin.

Did I say how much I love Rick Rubin?

Yes, I love Rick Rubin....Hip-Hop God.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the extra info, IG! That's an interesting angle that I hadn't thought of.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of Kanyes' and have always taken Taylor's side. Now maybe recording the conversation was wrong, but it seems Taylor knew about most of the song and wasn't blindsided by it like she claims. I get the feeling that she isn't as nice as she would like you to think. She reminds me as someone who can't stand to have anyone not like her, she really cares about her public image.