Respected Contributor
Kim released video of Taylor Swift on speakerphone with Kanye supposedly approving the lyrics to the song "Famous" that she was oh so upset over.
If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor
I'm not surprised; in fact, I'm not even going to confirm your story. Ive always felt that way and the recent news stories about her breakup had only convinced me more that she knew.

It's her "thing" to be the one above it all, the innocent one. She knew what people thought of her vs Kanye and exploited it. No way do I think she's as sweet as she seems - I think she's very shrewd about some things (and very innocent about others.). Doesn't make dislike her music any more or less.
Honored Contributor

IMO, if Kanye was right about anything, it was just a fluke.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Who records people and their phone conversations unless they have an ulterior motive.  How convenient that Kim recorded THIS one and I LOVE how it's released NOW instead of years ago.

Once again, the behavior speaks volumes.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I'm not surprised; in fact, I'm not even going to confirm your story. Ive always felt that way and the recent news stories about her breakup had only convinced me more that she knew.

It's her "thing" to be the one above it all, the innocent one. She knew what people thought of her vs Kanye and exploited it. No way do I think she's as sweet as she seems - I think she's very shrewd about some things (and very innocent about others.). Doesn't make dislike her music any more or less.

She has issues for sure.  She has so many "boy" problems and then passive/aggressively trashes them in her songs.  I think she's the Queen of Marketing herself, but her voice isn't even all that good.  But, she looks good and has the visual effects needed for those in that age group who want the pomp, etc.

She doesn't have anywhere near the talent many have, but she is one of the successful artists in current day--for little reason.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

"That moment when Kanye West secretly records your phone call, then Kim posts it on the Internet," she wrote alongside the statement posted to all of her social media pages.

"Where is the video of Kanye telling me he was going to call me 'that b****' in his song? It doesn't exist because it never happened," Taylor claims. "You don't get to control someone's emotional response to being called 'that b****' in front of the entire world."

"Of course I wanted to like the song. I wanted to believe Kanye when he told me that I would love the song. I wanted us to have a friendly relationship. He promised to play the song for me, but he never did," she continues. "While I wanted to be supportive of Kanye on the phone call, you cannot 'approve' a song you haven't heard."

"Being falsely painted as a liar when I was never given the full story or played any part of the song is character assassination," she concludes. "I would very much like to be excluded from this narrative, one that I have never asked to be a part of, since 2009."

Taylors' response.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Seems that Kanye revealed in that conversation the line about sleeping with her (which Taylor responded was a "compliment"), but he never mentioned the line about making "that bi--- famous" which they say is the part that upset Taylor and she didn't know about.  (According to TMZ)

Esteemed Contributor

LOL One of the posters at TMZ said "guess this is what happens when you are perpetually 16 your entire life."  Doesn't this sound like high school drama?  My feelings about Taylor and her music have waned over the years, but I do think Kanye has some creepy obsession with her. Will he ever just move on?  Not as long as he can get some publicity.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

Seems that Kanye revealed in that conversation the line about sleeping with her (which Taylor responded was a "compliment"), but he never mentioned the line about making "that bi--- famous" which they say is the part that upset Taylor and she didn't know about.  (According to TMZ)

Which is what she could have said when the story first came out.  Her response seemed to indicate that she flatly denied any conversation.  She's very manipulative but, it made for a good sound bite at the Grammys and it was a good message for her fans.

I agree it is strange to record conversations, but I suppose we aren't followed by hundreds of papparrazzi (sp) and involved in daily news stories.

Even worse, Taylor is making me defend Kanye and Kim!!

Respected Contributor

He has some talent....making Taylor Swift and Paul Mccartney famous LOL