Trusted Contributor

Re: Kanye West's "Famous" visual

@faeriemoon wrote:

Insignificant bottom dweller with a messiah complex.

Brilliant description which is right on the "money!"

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

We may not think much of him, but many of America's youth deem him to be a brilliant artist.  Scary, huh?

Not so many lately.

His sales are off and his concerts haven't been selling out.

Honored Contributor

Like him.

Hate him.

He still have 21 Grammys to his name.

Kanye is one of the most awarded artists of all time.

Many top artists still want to collaborate with him.

Must be doing something right.

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

We may not think much of him, but many of America's youth deem him to be a brilliant artist.  Scary, huh?

Not so many lately.

His sales are off and his concerts haven't been selling out.

Perhaps it's a regional thing.  Around here he is loved.  Our principal expects us to reward good behaviors and grades, and the most requested reward item from our middle school boys is a pair of Yeezy shoes at $350+ (if you can find them).  Kanye is a fashion trendsetter around here in addition to his music.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

kanyesmile.gif

If I was KK, I wouldn't want to get on  smiley's bad side.

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I hear he is practically begging to be sued on twitter. I do hope Taylor Swift obliges him. After he said he made her famous, it made me lose all respect for him. She was accepting Best Female Video in which she beat out Beyonce, Kelly Clarkson, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and Pink to win and he made HER famous? Even Kaynes best selling album undersold her worst selling album by one million. How she managed to sell 7 million albums before he made her famous, I will never know. 

I am a huge rap fan and I love all types of rap. I thought Kayne had some great work at first but the stuff he is putting out now is just ego driven noise. 

If you believe that no press is bad press then I could see some admiring him. 

I can't decide if he is truly having a breakdown or just using the exposure to sell albums. I don't think people who are truly talented need to stoop to the extremes he does to get noticed. If you have interesting art that people like you don't need to appear mentally unstable to get people to buy it. You don't need to put down other artists who outsell you to get it. And Lord, that clothing line. No, no he didn't. He seems desperate for attention and is afraid to let his work speak for itself. After listening to his new stuff, I can understand why.

For me, it seems like after he lost his mom he himself lost his way.  She must have been a very positive influence over him as now he went from being a well respected artist with very popular music to a cog in the Kardashian machine.

Valued Contributor

Jane Marple, people who follow his career do know a lot about him.  I know nothing about him, can't name one of his songs, but here's a story for you.

I have family who work and teach in LA exclusive private schools.  Years ago, he was taking one of his kids (first wife's) to school in his limo.  The school has a drive through lane where parents are to drive in, drop of their kids, and leave.  Kanye's limo drives up the lane, drops off his kid, and just sits there.  The people behind him start honking for him to move.  Kanye gets out of his limo and yells, "Do you know who I am?"  One of the other drivers yells back, "Yeah, you're the @&&$;:/ who's blocking the lane!"

Esteemed Contributor

@shamalamadingdong4 wrote:

Jane Marple, people who follow his career do know a lot about him.  I know nothing about him, can't name one of his songs, but here's a story for you.

@I have family who work and teach in LA exclusive private schools.  Years ago, he was taking one of his kids (first wife's) to school in his limo.  The school has a drive through lane where parents are to drive in, drop of their kids, and leave.  Kanye's limo drives up the lane, drops off his kid, and just sits there.  The people behind him start honking for him to move.  Kanye gets out of his limo and yells, "Do you know who I am?"  One of the other drivers yells back, "Yeah, you're the @&&$;:/ who's blocking the lane!"

There is no first wife and his youngest is 3, so....it's a nice story, but either about somebody else or your friend/family was just making up.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

I would like to know why he chose the other 10 people. 

It's been reported that when he showed it to celebrity friends, they said they wanted to be in the bed too.  Will there be a sequel?

Taylor Swift was mentioned in his song, so I guess that's why she (or her likeness) is there. He says he made her famous.  

I can't imagine his wifey passing up this opportunity to pose.  

She didn't. I saw the picture. She's on one side of him and Taylor's on the other. Apparently, Kim and Kanye were the only ones to really pose and the others are likenesses. 

I think the whole thing is disgusting. How have we come to this? 

Esteemed Contributor

Other than himself and Kim the others are fake. I don't think Taylor or anyone cares. He is looking for a lawsuit (said come on sue me). If I were the ones portrayed in the video, I'd hit the ignore button.

And lastly- I don't get his talent. He talks, rap is talk. He cant sing. So I don't get why he is famous but whatever. lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles