Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

@SharkE  Hang in there girl!! The weather channel just showed a semi as it was blown over by the wind. Crazy weather.

@SilleeMee  Just showed the blizzard in Colorado Springs on the weather channel. Stay safe.

@OKPrincess   Theyve got I-25 closed North of Santa Fe due to wind blowing semis and RVs over.  It looks like a kids play room out there with those trucks just tossed about.  Still windy here but not bad.  Heard the wind was 104mph at St. Augustin Pass between Las Cruces and Alamagordo, NM.

@Kachina624  This is truly a scary time especially trucks and semis overturned driving down the roads. I’m so glad those roads were shutdown. I hope everyone is safe. 

Honored Contributor

Praise the Lord ! Yes, winds are back down to 24. I called and started a claim with insurance. Now, waiting for adjuster to call next few days.

Got couple guys coming out Thurs to give me estimates. So, I'm on top of it. Think that neighbor with the pole barn blowed down is his neighbors that blowed in HIS yard. He's a cop by the way. Yikes !

In morning I'll go out and do a walkabout and see if I have anything else to worry about, but, think the worst is over.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Kachina624 ,

I don't know if you've seen any of the news reports about the terrible avalanches here in the mountains. They are saying it's the worst seen in decades. People are getting buried on the highways and it takes hours to rescue them. I can't imagine the horror!

@SilleeMee   I just yesterday sent my sister in Pa., info from one of the Denver TV stations about all the avalanches.  It sounds like they may never again see the pavement on Red Mountain Pass with 60 ft of snow to move.  Even the snow sheds over the highway are filled with snow.  I heard Wolf Creek Pass is closed and it's like a boulevard.

Will your dog go out in this weather to take care of business?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE .  I just saw on the news the tractor trail that got blown over by the winds in Amarillo. 

Hope things are ok with you.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE  Stay safe !!!

Honored Contributor

Re: @Kachinea624

[ Edited ]

train

Those green and blue rectangles?  That is a train in New Mexico.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@bikerbabe   We have two pole barns, I live in Western NY.  The barns are constructed of steel.  They are basically a barn with a steel roof and sides.  we keep our horses and hay in them.  A lot of horse arenas are pole barns. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee   Stay safe !!!!

Honored Contributor

@just bee.  I've been trying to figure out how that train took that fall, blown off of the tracks, but nobody was hurt.  How is thst possible?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Praise the Lord ! Yes, winds are back down to 24. I called and started a claim with insurance. Now, waiting for adjuster to call next few days.

Got couple guys coming out Thurs to give me estimates. So, I'm on top of it. Think that neighbor with the pole barn blowed down is his neighbors that blowed in HIS yard. He's a cop by the way. Yikes !

In morning I'll go out and do a walkabout and see if I have anything else to worry about, but, think the worst is over.

Thank God you and yours are ok.😊 I hope everything goes smoothly with the repairs and getting things back to normal. Take care!