Honored Contributor

@SharkE  I bet you had rain last night too.  We're having sustained winds of 26mph so not so bad here.  There were 3 tornadoes in Eastern NM plains last night, up to 20" of snow in the mountains, we had rain Monday but not bad.  This is some storm and heading East.  Bunch of mountain passes in Colorado closed that I've never seen closed before.  Too much snow.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: @Kachinea624

[ Edited ]

I'm in Colorado Springs and we're in the middle of a blizzard with 75mph  80 mph Smiley Surprisedwinds. All schools, many businesses and offices are closed today. Sounds like a freight train right now just outside my house.

I'd hate to be the mailman right now...omg.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE  I bet you had rain last night too.  We're having sustained winds of 26mph so not so bad here.  There were 3 tornadoes in Eastern NM plains last night, up to 20" of snow in the mountains, we had rain Monday but not bad.  This is some storm and heading East.  Bunch of mountain passes in Colorado closed that I've never seen closed before.  Too much snow.

There you are !

Yeah, we actually had rain for 2 days that was a miracle. We even had rain in a ditch.

Boy, O Mighty ! it's a ***** today though. I thought I was gonna have to crawl back to the house on knees like a toddler. LOL thank God I got strong legs from doing the recumbent ! LOL  No more mailbox

trips. Thank God my new mixer is coming Thurs from UPS. No way could I carry a 24lb box up from the street. UPS will bring to my door

Honored Contributor

This 'stuff' is suppose to blow over by 8p.m. I'm hanging on for 6 more hrs.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE, Please stay in your house and be safe.  Keep your tv or radio on for weather alerts.  All my best.

I had no idea what a pole barn was.  I will tell you that a number of months ago we had a tornado alert here in CT (now more common) and kept our tv on.  They focused in on our town and our particular area of streets on the tv.  We grabbed kitty and ran into the basement.  What’s with all this crazy weather?  Fortunately, we didn’t get hit with the tornado.

Honored Contributor

Re: @Kachinea624

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I'm here by myself as usual. Suppose to be husbands day off but he's covering for somebody who wanted Spring break off with their kids.

Even if he was here he'd poo poo the whole deal "just a wind so what" is what he would say. If he saw me blow up the street he'd go 'dang, where did my maid go" hahhahahahah

I hope my 2 by sixes hold up !

5aa1655e1f631732fc99a4087cdaf8a0a92ed7d6_r.gif

Oh no ! the neighbor's fence is going down now the one in the picture I sent of his roof, now , his wood fence panels are bowing out !

Insurance adjustors are gonna be flooding this area come Thurs.

Honored Contributor

I'm keeping my eyes peeled right now for falling tree branches and downed sections of my fence. I'm on edge right now and I hate it! 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 ,

I don't know if you've seen any of the news reports about the terrible avalanches here in the mountains. They are saying it's the worst seen in decades. People are getting buried on the highways and it takes hours to rescue them. I can't imagine the horror!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

yeah, I got a turn key generator , still have electricity, sky is blue, temp is in 60's, just the wind will blow the hair off your legs.

@SharkE 

Gig-gle. I did smile over this.

💨🦵

Honored Contributor

Neighbor's fence hit the ground and another one is working on it. Wood fences don't hold up in Tx.

DSCN0648.JPG

DSCN0650.JPG