Honored Contributor

Bad news for the Amarillo area. Coming over from your side of the world.

Possible rain (that's good) Sat.

1-3 inches of snow possible by Sunday morning.

I'm set for it. Went out and gassed up the van, got food before the stampede, hit the bakery, LOL  I left the house just after 8.

I got plenty of DVD's and books, so, I'm happy.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  forgot to type that in

Respected Contributor

Stay safe and warm.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  We're  supposed to get that this evening before it rushes over your way.  However, odds are we'll  get some mist and MAYBE an inch of snow.  Big maybe.

It's been the same story all winter.  Snow all over the mountains but there's a big hole on radar over Albuquerque.  We've gotten virtually no moisture.  Officially we have "extreme drought">.

I can sit in my living room and look at the snow on the Sandias but can't touch any.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 It looks like a donut hole over you every time I check to see if you are getting anything.

Honored Contributor

Suppose to be getting 2-6" snow here in Colorado Springs. I've already called my snowblower guy just in case it gets too much where I can't shovel it myself. Hoping it won't be that heavy wet stuff...ugh!

Super Contributor

As someone from the NE, it is funny to read about gassing up cars, stampede over food shopping etc. for possibly 1-3" of snow. I don't mean to be rude but I find that funny.

Honored Contributor

@cookie16.  They do it in my sister's area in suburban Philly.  As soon as I hear they might get snow, I call and tease her about getting milk and bread.  She says the grocery stores are inundated. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@cookie16 wrote:

As someone from the NE, it is funny to read about gassing up cars, stampede over food shopping etc. for possibly 1-3" of snow. I don't mean to be rude but I find that funny.

@cookie16 In general, people who live in this neck of the woods get ready because we don't have snow removal eqipment much because we don't get that much.  Also, roads freeze and snow melts and refreezes making travel problematic.

We also tend to get ice many times in cold weather instead of snow.  So you gas up and stock up, because it's the way it works where we live.  I sure wouldn't trade  places with anyone who deals with lots of snow.  But I do check the milk, eggs and bread before weather moves in. 

Trusted Contributor

We got 6 inches of wet stuff last night...going to Albuquerque this week @Kachina624  I can bring u some...lol...DW