Honored Contributor

KTLA Chris Burrous died yesterday.

If you live in the So Cal area, you probably know who he is.  My DH watched his show every Saturday and Sunday for years.  What a shock and a very sad story.

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 7.44.56 AM.png

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: KTLA Chris Burrous died yesterday.

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to who this person is??

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to who this person is??

@ID2- KTLA is a local tv channel in Southern Cal.  Chris Burrous was an anchorman.  He passed away.

Honored Contributor

He's a very beloved news anchor in this area. 

He was 43 years old.

He was talented, funny and a real family man. His weekend morning shows were very popular here.  He was just on air yesterday morning, and in the afternoon he was gone.  Police are still investigating.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

He will truly be missed. So funny and sweet and entertaining. He WAS the weekend news for us. I have never been so shocked as to hear this today. 

Contributor

KTLA is the preeminent local TV station in L.A. and was my go-to news channel for the 60+ years I lived there (recently moved out of state).  The reporters and anchors were TV family for a lot of people I know.  I’m shocked and very saddened by this news.  RIP Chris Burrous.

Honored Contributor

This rolled across my national newsfeed.

Yeah, any of those morning drive-time anchors have such a strong following.  And he was instrumental in the California fire reporting, etc.  

But from an outsider looking in, ooof....not good.

43 years old, with a wife/child, found dead in a Days Inn? 

That ain’t good. Suicide maybe?

E0EBC124-E041-47B5-9D62-F7480CD7897C.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

Everyone is fighting his or her own demons. Some of them are more ferocious than others, but we all have them.  It's another shocking reminder that the person we present to the public is not all of who we are.  Very, very sad.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Very sad story.. an unfortunate situation to be found in a Days Inn at 1:15PM w/a man in a room. My condolences to his poor wife +young child.
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
Very sad story.. an unfortunate situation to be found in a Days Inn at 1:15PM w/a man in a room. My condolences to his poor wife +young child.

yes, very sad... and that his wife and child are left with knowing of this secret life he had been living...