Trusted Contributor

Re: KOHLS SHOULD GIVE QVC SHIPPING TIPS

I don't shop at QVC for fast shipping, that would be Amazon.  Why posters bash QVC for their shipping, and continue to shop here is remarkable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I don't shop at QVC for fast shipping, that would be Amazon.  Why posters bash QVC for their shipping, and continue to shop here is remarkable.

@MarkeieMark  😄 We have different definitions of "bashing."

Super Contributor

I've had very positive online experiences with both Kohls and Macy's. They both seem to have stepped up during this pandemic (although they've always been good). Great selection, too. I've ordered several Sonoma and Croft and Barrow tees that are far more comfortable than "perfect jersey". I remember a few years back, before Covid, when QVC announced their new "super" warehouse replacing Philadelphia, and new warehouses and distribution centers on the west coast. This was supposed to expedite shipping! Not working as planned! Maybe its growing pains. Personally, I'm glad to see Kohls and Macy's are doing well. The Macy's in my area is having their best year ever.

QVC has lots of opportunity for growth and improvement. I hope they get it together, I enjoy QVC too. 

Frequent Contributor

QVC sells items they do not have. They are sitting on a boat in China.
Frequent Contributor

I just had items sent to Hawaii from Nordstrom and 6pm. Both packages arrived within 3 days with free shipping.
Respected Contributor

1. @Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Department stores must have merchandise on hand to display.  QVC doesn't display in a b&M building, however they have the advantage of being able to sell more current, "fresh off the boat" merchandise.  People have complained about stores selling old out-dated goods or seeing nearly bare shelves. 

It's like comparing apples and rutabagas

@Kachina624  No it isn't. You didn't read my post carefully. The items I ordered were available only online. Hence no "display"  argument involved.  They came from a warehouse, just like QVC ships from warehouses.

Enjoy your rutabagas.

I also order online from Kohls package arrives within a few days.......
Esteemed Contributor

Most online stores sell what they have in the warehouse, so they can ship right away.

Shopping channels schedule programming well in advance with the expectation that they will receive the merchandise before it is scheduled to air.  I am sure with all the shipping issues from overseas and lack of truck drivers here these warehouses are having trouble getting the merchandise in a timely manner causing further delays shipping to the customer

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy. I get what you say, but even before the pandemic I who live in the Midwest, dreaded getting an item from the Calufornia warehouse. Those were always in processing for days and days and then took forever to get to me once shipped.

As for ordering from QVC, I have drastically cut down on my orders from them. 

Respected Contributor

I had a horrible experience with Kohls.  Ordered a Christmas dress for my daughter in mid-November, maybe earlier.  December rolls around and I still haven't received it.  I'd call and they couldn't tell me anything except, "it's coming" and "will be delivered."  It got to about a week before Christmas, still didn't get it.  Called and canceled and got refund.  They told me to send it back or return to store when/if I ever get it.  Never did.

This was 5 years ago, never ordered from them again.

Respected Contributor

I love Kohl's and shop both in store and online.  

Have always, over the years, received my merchandise in just a few days.  And I have never paid one cent extra for shipping as they frequently offer free shipping!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward