Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

No one is getting a divorce........**yet**

"After six years of marriage and more than eight years together, the E! reality TV star and rapper are effectively going their separate ways. Kim, however, has yet to file for divorce."

"It's gotten to the point where they haven't spent time together as a married couple in months," a source icon_rolleyes.giftells E! News exclusively. "They've seen each other for the sake of the kids but have been living separately. Kim knows the marriage is over. She's known for a while."

"So why hasn't Kim made the separation official?  Our insider icon_rolleyes.gifnotes, "She wants to make sure she's making the right decision for the kids."

Adds the source, icon_rolleyes.gif"It's not about the marriage anymore, she'll always care for Kanye but it's over between them. Kim is only focused on what's best for the kids. It's a tough decision for her and she's figuring it out."

FULL article can be found on:  eonline DOT com

icon_razz.gif

@Mz iMac 

My guess is she wanted to wait until after Christmas for the kids.  Also, perhaps she is trying to discuss and settle some things, leaving less for the lawyers to fight about.  

If Kanye is really mentally unstable, she may be taking small incremental steps that he can handle.  Just speculating.  

Honored Contributor

The word on Twitter, unproven speculation mind you, is that Kanye has been hooking up with Jeffree Starr, a male beauty guru, over the summer. And that's why Kim wants her divorce. Gotta say I did not see that one coming.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Kanye has stated that he doesn't like to take medication because it interferes with his creativity.

I think there is a power struggle between Kanye and Kris over who controls Kim.  Kim's loyalties are with Kris because it's always about  money with them.

This (bolded by me) is such a thing!  I've known a few people with bipolar who, like him, were primarily manic.   They feel like the meds drag them down because they become this extreme case of 'idea people', due to the mania that takes them to a place where they are way outside of reality.

I've dealt with it and I studied it extensively back then, wherein I learned a great deal.

I don't think that Kanye is a bad person if he would get himself mentally normal with taking the meds.   He may be such an extreme case that even the meds don't totally work.  I don't know, but I've seen that in somebody else.

I know they are plenty of Kardashian haters here so I know I'm wasting my breath, but Kim is not a bad person either.   Actually, much of the bunch are very good, caring, giving, decent people.  I don't care for Kourtney because she's not a nice person and Kris has some of the same traits as Kourtney, but the rest of them are not bad at all.

I don't see how you could keep somebody like what Kanye has become around your kids, though.   I don't think I would want to and he would have to agree to get help and get straightened out before I would want him around my kids.   But guys who reject the help because they truly enjoy the mania will often stay problematic.

Respected Contributor
  • What a train wreck.  I feel bad for the kids.  
Honored Contributor

One only needs to read some of the comments here to see that the stigma against those with mental illnesses is very much alive. 

Valued Contributor
@Lipstickdiva I couldn’t agree with you more. Unbelievable!
Valued Contributor
@chickenbutt Very well said!
Esteemed Contributor

There is something wrong with both of them.  Good riddance.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

There's a difference between treated and untreated mental illness. When someone's manic or delusional thoughts cause problems in reality, they need to be taken out of a position where they can harm others. So Kanye, when he is delusional or dangerously manic, should have supervised time with his children, but not be allowed to involve the children, or Kim for that matter, in acting out his delusions.

He refuses to take his medication, so it's on him to accept the consequences of that decision. If his creativity is worth that much to him, he is accepting the sacrifices as well.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL