Honored Contributor

Re: KIM KARDASHIAN HELD UP AT GUNPOINT

@athenian wrote:

Normally anyone with level of fame would have security near by 24/7.  Would stay in secure hotel or apartment.  Would have a panic button.  Would put jewelry in secure vault.

Thieves are going to have a hard time fencing this, especially if their haul includes the engagement diamond.  I'll bet they will get it back.

@athenian thank you for summing up what has been rattling around in my brain.  I know the news updates are fluid right now but I have read in the past that Kim/Kanye spend at least a million dollars in security year round which for a couple that spends so much time in the limelight would be appropriate.

Again, I realize we don't have nearly the facts that may/will emerge but how on earth could she not be guarded especially with that amount of jewels that were clearly broadcast on social media?

Her regular bodyguard is being dogged out something fierce but I would think she told him to go with Kendall which left her with other means of protection?  That is a very uber expensive place she is staying at, do they not have any protection for guests at that price beyond a concierge?

Again, I will wait for further updates but this just doesn't (to me) make sense.

And meow alert, it really bothered me that paparazzi were able to snap photos of her on her plane as I would think the first thing I would do is pull those shades (or try and stay away from the windows) and please leave me alone especially after draping a garment over herself when walking to the plane . . . I know, again meow . . . sorry.

Honored Contributor

• Taking the phones should have got them caught last night. I wonder why they weren't tracked?
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:
  • Taking the phones should have got them caught last night. I wonder why they weren't tracked?

can they still be tracked if they are turned off?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

here is the ring. Daily mail posted a facetime of KK with Blac Chyna couple of hours before the crime occurred. on FT there are two hands wearing the same exact ring ?!?!  if you watch the Facetime you hear them saying OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!!!

is that a handgrabber or what!! find a finger!!

The Yeezus rapper's gift closely resembles the original engagement band he gave his wife back in 2013 - the massive 15 carat Lorraine Schwartz design - and she regularly shows them off on her social media

Respected Contributor

not for nothing but this story "Trvmps" the missing taxes

and Brangelina

Respected Contributor

So awful!

It exposes that she isn't as well protected as people think she is.

Kim if you are reading this get more security!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

can they still be tracked if they are turned off?

@sunshine45

I am not sure, but I assume they will turn them on some time.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure it happened but not because she or her busband are above making something like that up out of thin air.  I'm sure it happened because she had to file a police report and that jewelry was insured to the hilt and if it happened in a hotel, hotel security and the hotel's insurance company will investigage.  What puzzles me is why anyone in their right mind would travel with $10M in jewelry???   Where were her body guards?  I heard the end of the story in the news but I haven't heard or read any of the details.  It must have been a terrifying experience and while I am happy no one was harmed, she did ask for something like this to happen. 

Super Contributor

Winamac wrote:

Foolish to bring that much jewelry with her.

That being said, I'm glad she was not harmed.

@winamac1  Agreed.  I am NOT a fan.  But I am glad no one was harmed. I just don't understand HOW anyone could carry jewelry that expensive with them.  Goodness....  Someone needs to send her some Diamonique.

Honored Contributor

My newsfeed said it might be Pink Panther work.

And no, it's not the cartoon....they're real jewel thieves.

image.jpeg