Esteemed Contributor

One aspect no one has considered is supply problems for people with other conditions.

My doctor considered putting me on Ozempic and similar drugs for diabetes. Because so many people have rushed to use it for weight loss, there are constant shortages and this would put me in a bad position to ensure I could obtain it consistently for diabetes treatment.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

One aspect no one has considered is supply problems for people with other conditions.

My doctor considered putting me on Ozempic and similar drugs for diabetes. Because so many people have rushed to use it for weight loss, there are constant shortages and this would put me in a bad position to ensure I could obtain it consistently for diabetes treatment.

@Sammycat1 - that's one of the serious disadvantages when a drug is overused or inappropriate administration, sadly.  Some want the drug for convenience & ease, others need it for medical reasons.  There will be shortages 

Esteemed Contributor

The U.S. obesity is enormous and unhealthy. Killing more than smokers now. 

Aside from health problems with drugs, is the end of the journey. One day you must stop. When you stop, you have the same appetite and will gain it all back. 

Losing weight is not that hard. Maintenance is the hardship. So, I don't think drugs are the right answer. Those over 600 pounds and are in an immediate life threatening position, I think have to take it. 

A friend of mine who had a weight challenge, told me one day she and her daughter were going for bariatric surgery. Just like going for a day in the Spa. She was no wear near bariatric stage. 

Controlling weight, I believe, is a lifetime chore. Very few, diet, lose weight, and their job is over. It's lifetime.

Regular Contributor

Ozempic!

Regular Contributor

SORRY.... her weight loss was FAST and sudden!!!!

Super Contributor

@Grand Happy wrote:
Because she shared her weight loss journey. You yourself can go to her pod cast, it's very uplifting and inspiring.

@Grand Happy   In the beginning, didn't Oprah say she didn't use it?  LOL  

Valued Contributor
SamBrown, what a insult to Kim Gravel, comparing her to Oprah.
Those of you that posted if you have used ozempic lost weight, you'll gain it all back ANOTHER LIE!!!!
I AM DIABETIC I USED OZEMPIC FOR 11 WEEKS BUT STOPPED BECAUSE OF A SIDE EFFECT. I STOPPED BACK ON NOVEMBER 1ST ALMOST 7 MONTHS AGO.I'VE MAINTAINED MY 30 LB WEIGHT LOSS. My A1C dropped to a great level and I've maintained it also. I'm at my goal weight and intend to keep it. I will say I don't think anyone should use it for weight loss but it's their business not ours.