Esteemed Contributor

Re: KFC DITCHES SLOGAN -COVID

@red&curly wrote:
Picturing people licking themselves ANYWHERE at the moment bothers me!LOL

Thank goodness humans aren't as flexible as cats!

7b01bd2a8a3689062af10f3f33c5d41e.jpg

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

This may be a publicity move but it's costing KFC. The original article I read said that they were painting that phrase out on billboards up around the country!
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I think you guys are overreacting and taking this way too personally.

What's wrong with you, @Porcelain? Don't you think that this a definite sign of the dumbing down of America?

Personally, It think that this is smart in comparison to....well, just in comparison. :-)

Well I for one don't know if I can lick my fingers anymore. I'll have to wait and see if Popeyes can explain it to me in their next ad. But with all these conflicting bagged snack ads, I don't know which way to turn anymore. I don't think we're getting the whole story here and maybe we can't trust what these ads are telling us. Dark and trying times. Woman Tongue Woman Wink

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I think you guys are overreacting and taking this way too personally.

What's wrong with you, @Porcelain? Don't you think that this a definite sign of the dumbing down of America?

Personally, It think that this is smart in comparison to....well, just in comparison. :-)

Well I for one don't know if I can lick my fingers anymore. I'll have to wait and see if Popeyes can explain it to me in their next ad. But with all these conflicting bagged snack ads, I don't know which way to turn anymore. I don't think we're getting the whole story here and maybe we can't trust what these ads are telling us. Dark and trying times. Woman Tongue Woman Wink

It's a conspiracy against lickers, I tell ya, @Porcelain 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I suppose ditching the phrase means people won't lick

their fingers anymore 🙄Good grief the level of idiocy these days is mind boggling. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So silly. Do they think taking away that slogan will change how people eat fried chicken?

They are trying to get attention because their sales are lagging.

Honored Contributor

I think large corporations, among others, seem to be exhibiting a kind of fearful, defensive behavior, trying to ward off the kind of criticism they see out there, often driven by social media.  I don't think they're recognizing the basic common sense that most people have.  I believe most people would find a change of an inocuous ad slogan, for the reasons given, to be silly.

Honored Contributor

Now they are trying to cancel out good ole Colonial Sanders? Geez. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I wish KFC would ditch the chicken, or at the very least, Tyson food.  Animal cruelty to the nth degree.

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter Do you really think that people who do that are paying attention to a slogan? People like that won't change their habits just because KFC stops using that slogan. Slobs gotta slob!