Honored Contributor

Re: KFC DITCHES SLOGAN -COVID

@chickenbutt A glove really? I just wash my hands afterwards, orange dust all gone!
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@chickenbuttA glove really? I just wash my hands afterwards, orange dust all gone!

Yup.  I use one disposable glove for the whole bag (one bag is quite a few servings).   The thing is, it gets all under my fingernails and it's a bit of a pain, so I'd rather just not have to deal with it at all.  Smiley Happy    Plus, it temporarily stains a bit.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

I think KFC is right.   Maybe it doesn't happen in your car, but I've often seen someone come out of a KFC, hand the food bag to someone in the car and see that person reach in and grab a piece of chicken to munch on the way home.   Hands washed?   Maybe, maybe not.

Or think of someone going through a drive-through window -  getting a bag of food, handling money or a credit card, pulling away and eating as they go.   What percentage of those hands are clean?

After all, research used to show myriad people use rest rooms without getting anywhere near running water and soap!  Some of those restrooms are even in supposedly high-class restaurants, not the neighborhood fast food outlet.

@millieshops 

Wow! Guess I've been missing, the transferring of kitchen to the one eating it for awhile now. In the early '50's during my nights working in a Drive-in restaurant, I knew every step from kitchen, to tray loader, to cashier, to car hop, to customer.

Back then I couldn't miss this because I was a part of it, having worked every step I mentioned, and for several years.

Now I don't eat out much and I don't eat any take-out food. I didn't realize that people, not employed by the eating establishment, knew and/or followed all those steps. But your post tells me, someone does!

Learn something new here almost every day.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I'm reminded of Rosanne Barr's early stand-up routine where she said her husband asked her whether there were any Cheetos and she replied "Why don't you look under the couch cushions and see?" 🤣
Respected Contributor

I immediately thought changing the slogan was an epic fail, not a smart plan....I mean what are we - complete stunods? cut the public a break, we're not dumb dumbs.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

To be fair, there actually IS a lot of stupid out there.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby That was pretty much my sister's response who said "they aren't giving their customers much credit."
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I think you guys are overreacting and taking this way too personally.

What's wrong with you, @Porcelain? Don't you think that this a definite sign of the dumbing down of America?

Personally, It think that this is smart in comparison to....well, just in comparison. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Picturing people licking themselves ANYWHERE at the moment bothers me!LOL
Honored Contributor

KFC had problems beginning in March as did other food outlets.

Whether one licks fingers or not, KFC is making a comeback and this slogan adjustment puts them smack in the middle of the limelight.

While I agree with the other poster that somebody somewhere would sue them because the person caught COVID-19 for licking his/her own fingers, I also believe this is a publicity move.

Now what to do with all those buckets......

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh