Honored Contributor

Re: KFC DITCHES SLOGAN -COVID

I don't see what's wrong with "finger lickin' good."  Don't people wash their hands before and after eating Kentucky Fried Chicken?  If not, well, maybe "finger lickin'" shouldn't have been their tagline all along.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr. Good point.

@Deree. No.
Respected Contributor

Maybe Cheetos will be next and put out a public health warning not to eat the orange dust off your fingers! That is far more tempting than chicken grease!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  This is like politically correct  on steroids!!!!!!!!!! Licking the fingers after eating chicken is ike Cheeto dust, you just have to do it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think KFC needs to worry about updating their CREEPY commercials rather than their slogan, YES, ITS RIDICULOUS!!!... But I think someone was right, probably the recommendation of KFC's Corporate Attorney to prevent any type of lawsuits which claim that KFC encouraged the practice of "finger lickin'", therefore, that caused the plaintiff to get or spread the virus...You've seen these "nuisance lawsuits" and how prevalent they are these days.....What's next????.....Will Charmin change their slogan because they are afraid someone will sue Charmin because they didn't "enjoy the go......."

Ants & Grasshoppers: When Bad Entities Avoid Getting Just Desserts

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Pathetic that they did this. Why? Because, and I'm willing to bet a buck, that lawyers told them to because SOME IDIOT out there will sue and claim it was KFC's fault (that they have COVID) for saying it was ok to lick their fingers.

SMH at the stupidity in this country. 

@FiddleDeeDee   Ding ding ding!!!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I think you guys are overreacting and taking this way too personally.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Maybe Cheetos will be next and put out a public health warning not to eat the orange dust off your fingers! That is far more tempting than chicken grease!

Here's what ya do for that - 

I love my crunchy Cheetos, but that orange dust is brutal.  So, I keep one of my disposable gloves in the L&L where I keep the bag of Cheetos and put that on one hand so no dust.  Works great!  Smiley Happy

Speaking of Cheetos - how funny is that one commercial with the family and the dad puts up a blue light (or something) that shows the wife and kids all have orange dust all over them, then it pans down to the cat who also does.  Husband:   When did we get a cat?   Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy   Very cute.

Honored Contributor

KFC, really?  Why in the world this environment would have you stop a decades long slogan escapes me. I know many common sense challenged adults, but I can't see stopping your slogan making a whiff of a difference when it comes to the essence of your slogan.

Yet another casualty, albeit maybe temporary, to this ***** virus. For me, if I ate any type of meat or fowl, to not know where my own fingers have been?  Some may see this as a "great move", I see it as move to placate a certain segment, which I will leave unnamed.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt 

LOL....I LOVE that Cheetos commercial about the "orange dust" and the cat with the dust and "when did we get a cat"....😸

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”