Honored Contributor

Re: KFC DITCHES SLOGAN -COVID

I wouldn't eat that food if it was given to me for free. What anyone has as a slogan for their company means nothing to my life. 

Esteemed Contributor

What has become of this world???????  Seriously.

Honored Contributor

I'm an adult with free will. I don't need to keep being "protected" from making my own choices. 😡 Certainly not by a fried chicken company!
Honored Contributor

I think KFC is right.   Maybe it doesn't happen in your car, but I've often seen someone come out of a KFC, hand the food bag to someone in the car and see that person reach in and grab a piece of chicken to munch on the way home.   Hands washed?   Maybe, maybe not.

Or think of someone going through a drive-through window -  getting a bag of food, handling money or a credit card, pulling away and eating as they go.   What percentage of those hands are clean?

After all, research used to show myriad people use rest rooms without getting anywhere near running water and soap!  Some of those restrooms are even in supposedly high-class restaurants, not the neighborhood fast food outlet.

Honored Contributor

One of the most over-the-top, ridiculous, unnecessary decision ever.  

Honored Contributor

@millieshops I keep alcohol-content hand sanitizer in my car.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee Me, too, but I've been close to obsessive-compulsive about handwashing for years before Covid.  

I wouldn't care to spend an hour spying with high powered binoculars on a line-up at any fast food drive through..  I don't even have a guess as to what percentage of customers have clean hands as they touch their food!   And if they're at a drive through where the same person takes money and hands them food -  even the employee's hands aren't sanitary.

Normally when I transition between my snowbird abodes, I make quick stops at fast food outlets.  This June, I packed enough PB&J so that when I stopped, I used the facilities and took on fuel.  That was scary enough to me!

Esteemed Contributor

So then eventually they can make a new commerical and say we are back

with your ever loving, greasy, finger lickin slop!

Respected Contributor

Ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

Yeah I always wash my hands (not sanitizer) before eating anything during pandemic. If I wanted KFC, which I don't, I'd wait til I got home to eat it so I could wash my hands first. But I don't want that company making my choices for me.