Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

I read he lied about his age because the encounter was in a bar and alcohol was involved.

Which in an of itself lends credence to believing the guy was at least 21 the legal drinking age in MA.

Has the bar been sued and if not why not.  At the very least they served an underage drinker and at worst was contributory to any assault that occurred by serving an underage drinker.

I believe the young man was working as a busboy in this restaurant/bar.  It is legal for an 18 year old to work in an establishment where liquor is served.

Honored Contributor

Well then, he lied about his age to get alcohol and now he's lying about being assaulted to get money. What a sterling fellow he must be.

Honored Contributor

Feel like throwing up. For anyone unfamiliar with surviving any type of sexual assault allow me to say it never leaves you, no matter therapy or medication.

Reminded in the quiet places in your mind, rewatching the movie over and over.

There are other side effects. Human relationships suffer. Trust issues...

List infinite and soul is never completely whole. You loose something within.

Kevin Spacey will never hear applause or accolades from his peers.

He will always be remembered for the sexual predator he is. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Feel like throwing up. For anyone unfamiliar with surviving any type of sexual assault allow me to say it never leaves you, no matter therapy or medication.

Has Spacey ever been convicted of assaulting anyone?

A person wrongly accused never recovers either. A victim may choose to keep it private and seek help privately. Their neighbors, employers don't avoid them, gossip about them.

Not so for someone publicly accused of being a predator. Even if never charged much less never convicted. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

I read he lied about his age because the encounter was in a bar and alcohol was involved.

Which in an of itself lends credence to believing the guy was at least 21 the legal drinking age in MA.

Has the bar been sued and if not why not.  At the very least they served an underage drinker and at worst was contributory to any assault that occurred by serving an underage drinker.

I believe the young man was working as a busboy in this restaurant/bar.  It is legal for an 18 year old to work in an establishment where liquor is served.

If that is correct there is absolutely no excuse  for him having been served alcohol.  The restaurant/bar would have known his true age (unless he lied to them too).

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain  I have no idea why you are defending Kevin Spacey.  It is a given that some people are accused of wrong doings that ruin their life forever and they are innocent.  No one that I know condones this.

Kevin Spacy has a credible history of sexually assaulting mostly young men.  He has been prohibited of being the the Old Vic Theatre when many, many complaints were made against him. He also has a violent temper and has scared the dickens out of young men who rebuked him and threatened their careers in acting.

Children of actors and even young directors have made accusations about his Inappropriate behaviors.  This is not new.  It has been happening for years. 

He will go to trial and his fate is for the court will decide.  In the meantime, it is very difficult to feel sorry for him or believe he is innocent.  He apologized and I am sure he is sorry.  Sorry he got caught.

Respected Contributor

He gives me the CREEPS. The video he put out during the holidays showed how mentally ill he is. There was info & photos of him on ytube a long time ago (graphic).

Time to wake up people- the world is FILLED with these type of people. Stand up for the poor children who are being targeted & hurt. There is a tremendous amount of info available, & you won't find it on the news stations.

Please pray for the children & adults who are being hurt & trafficked- it HAS TO STOP! 

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

I thought it was sad that in a world where you are suppose to be innocent until proven guilty, just an accusation can ruin an entire career, and really an entire life.

@blueroses47

People love to say that, but I don't see where this has happened.   ONE accusation?   Who did this happen to?

This has happened, though.  I don't remember the school involved, but several years ago, a woman claimed rape by several members of a school sports team.  It was later proven false.  That allegation ruined the lives of the boys involved, at least at that time.    Anyone remember more details of this?  It was heavily in the media at the time.

It was the Duke Lacrosse Team that was falsely accused.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: KEVIN SPACEY TRIAL

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain

Kevin Spacey is a sexual predator. FYI: sexual harassment in the work place...

He was known for such vile behavior. The problem wasn't addressed because of his status as so often the case not only in (Hollywood) all walks of life. 

OJ walked free! Death: we all stand before higher court and judge. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity  of course you’re not speaking of those who willingly went along with that, hoping for some kind of favor or a job or a promotion. And you know that’s happened. Like the woman who has consensual sex and turns up pregnant and then she claims rape. 

I have sympathy for those who were honestly assaulted. I have none for those who participated hoping to benefit from it.

As far as Spacey’s peers are concerned, some are hoping they won’t be accused by someone they’ve forgotten about. 

Keepin' it real.