Honored Contributor

Re: KEVIN SPACEY TRIAL

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

This is not the first time Kevin Spacey has been accused of sexual assault.  He has a history of this type of behavior.

Maybe he will learn to keep his hands to himself, so there are no more accusations.

@Carmie

Apples and oranges here, IMO. 

Yes, he has had other accusers, but that doesn't automatically mean he wasn't scammed this time.  He was in a room full of people, and had the ability to leave at any time ... but he didn't.   He videotaped it.   Do people who are trying to stop sexual assault do this?   Is this how YOU would react to unwelcome advances?

It sounds like the "victim" was trying to extend the length of the "assault" so he had a good video.  

Honored Contributor

Entrapment

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

This is not the first time Kevin Spacey has been accused of sexual assault.  He has a history of this type of behavior.

Maybe he will learn to keep his hands to himself, so there are no more accusations.

@Carmie

Apples and oranges here, IMO. 

Yes, he has had other accusers, but that doesn't automatically mean he wasn't scammed this time.  He was in a room full of people, and had the ability to leave at any time ... but he didn't.   He videotaped it.   Do people who are trying to stop sexual assault do this?   Is this how YOU would react to unwelcome advances?

It sounds like the "victim" was trying to extend the length of the "assault" so he had a good video.  

Personally, I don't care if it was entrapment this time around.  He has assulted many men and even a few women in his lifetime.  He was banned from the Old Vic Theatre for verbally and sexually assulting young men for years.

He is a predator and I will be glad to have him stop this behavior.  How can you entrap him for assulting a teen?  It is illegal....period, to touch an underaged person.

Most of his victims were over 18, but this time he screwed up with an underage kid.

How I would handle it as an adult or as an underage child?  There is a BIG difference.

I know no one could entrap me with this type of behavior, because I keep my hands to myself.  No matter how or why...he got caught this time and he will probably have to pay by doing jail time and being labeled a child predator if found guilty.

Honored Contributor

The young man was 18 but told Spacey he was 23. Either way, not underage. Why would he lie about his age if he didn't want to prolong the encounter? We also don't know what this man said to Spacey, did he indicate an interest in something more? He lied about his age, what else is he lying about?

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

I thought it was sad that in a world where you are suppose to be innocent until proven guilty, just an accusation can ruin an entire career, and really an entire life.

@blueroses47

People love to say that, but I don't see where this has happened.   ONE accusation?   Who did this happen to?

This has happened, though.  I don't remember the school involved, but several years ago, a woman claimed rape by several members of a school sports team.  It was later proven false.  That allegation ruined the lives of the boys involved, at least at that time.    Anyone remember more details of this?  It was heavily in the media at the time.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

The young man was 18 but told Spacey he was 23. Either way, not underage. Why would he lie about his age if he didn't want to prolong the encounter? We also don't know what this man said to Spacey, did he indicate an interest in something more? He lied about his age, what else is he lying about?

I read he lied about his age because the encounter was in a bar and alcohol was involved.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

You are correct, he is being charged with assulting an 18 year old this time. He also assulted Richard Dreyfuss's Son when he was 18 as well.  

He has been accused of assaulting a 14 year old in the past. I mixed the two incidents up.

I don't think it really matters much how old your Victim is or their gender.  No one has the right to touch you inapproperiately.  At 18 years old, I am sure anyone would be embarrassed if this happened to them and would not know how to react.

No one who is innocent should be accused or prosecuted, but with Kevin's history, he doesnot appear to be innocent.  He has been assulting people for years.

Honored Contributor

Re: KEVIN SPACEY TRIAL

[ Edited ]

Kevin Spacey's latest video shows a glimpse into his warped twisted perverted mind. Make no mistake! He is a sexual predator. His career is over. For that I'm thankful. Most sexual perps are narcissistic to the extreme. Kevin Spacey is this type of perverted overblown egomaniac. 

John Walsh long ago explained sexual predators cannot be rehabilitated and trusted back in society. Bravo! Seeing Bill Cosby and such monsters brought to justice, and reputations ruined by their own devious behavior. 

Pray for the victims. 

Edited: Animals for Monsters. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

I thought it was sad that in a world where you are suppose to be innocent until proven guilty, just an accusation can ruin an entire career, and really an entire life.

@blueroses47

People love to say that, but I don't see where this has happened.   ONE accusation?   Who did this happen to?

This has happened, though.  I don't remember the school involved, but several years ago, a woman claimed rape by several members of a school sports team.  It was later proven false.  That allegation ruined the lives of the boys involved, at least at that time.    Anyone remember more details of this?  It was heavily in the media at the time.

I remember it.  It was awful for those young men.

People do lie, always have and always will.  Most people who are molested don't report it at all, so these perverts get away with this behavior for years.  Only after someone speaks up do the other victims come forward.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I read he lied about his age because the encounter was in a bar and alcohol was involved.

Which in an of itself lends credence to believing the guy was at least 21 the legal drinking age in MA.

Has the bar been sued and if not why not.  At the very least they served an underage drinker and at worst was contributory to any assault that occurred by serving an underage drinker.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.