Honored Contributor

KEVIN SPACEY TRIAL

[ Edited ]

First ... let me be clear .... I'm not a fan of Kevin Spacey's, nor do I think there should ever be leniency with sexual assault. 

However .....  this sounds like a grifter's scam to me.  This mother comes forward looking like Mother Teresa, claimimg her poor child was assaulted in a room full of people .... and instead of saying something or just walking away, he decided to video some fondling and stood there for more than 3 minutes!  He was 18 at the time, but told KS he was 23. 

Does this thing smell fishy to anyone else?  

Valued Contributor

Kevin Spacey is creepy to me, I definitely don’t condone sexual assault  and he should be punished BUT the guy lied about his age and videotaped the assault. Sounds like the mom is trying to make a fast buck from a bad situation. The guy should be held accountable for lying about his age , while Kevin spacey was just trying to hook up with him. 

Trusted Contributor

Well, first I will say that I was a fan of Kevin Spacey, as an actor of course, since I know nothing about him as a human being.  But I loved his acting, and a few interviews I saw with  him made him look like a funny person, he told amusing anecdotes.  He also was supposedly a good friend of Judi Densch, and she seems like a nice enough woman.

So, when all the negative stuff came out about him, I was disappointed.  I try to keep an open mind about this kind of thing, and apparently from what others who knew him chimed in with,he is kind of a weird character in ways.

I agree with you though, that this story sounds questionable.  The fact is, none of us knows exactly what happened and we never will.

I thought it was sad that in a world where you are suppose to be innocent until proven guilty, just an accusation can ruin an entire career, and really an entire life.

I just keep reminding myself, I cannot know for  sure what happened in any of these cases.  It's easy to want to believe something negative about someone if we don't like them to begin with.  You just have to try to remain objective and not get caught up in a witch-hunt kind of thinking.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately and sadly for true victims, these type of allegations pop up in many sexual crimes and  is often a result of greed and making money.  I of course speak in general terms as I feel each and every sexual assault crime must be addressed.  This particular case is questionable but that is up to the court to decide.  In this anything goes world we live in, there are always people who will try to make money any way they can and make it bad for the legitimate cases.  I don't know if this is applicable to Spacey's case but it doesn't erase the fact he is a predator.

Frequent Contributor

You must have heard the conversation my husband and I had this morning before he went out the door.  This young man's mom was a well known news anchor on one of our local stations in MA. Maybe that explains all the publicity.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I still like KS and enjoy his acting.

Yes, this sounds ike a scam.  

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Once I found out all the details coming out I am tending to believe this is an attempt to get money from the actor. I will keep up on the trial or process. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Yeah, sounds contrived to me.  It was the mother, who at the time was a local tv anchor, who pushed the thing.  Her son didn't even come foward for in the beginning.  She held the press conference by herself.  Not only did he film it but they had been drinking together for hours.  It sounds to me like whatever happened was consensual....until Mommy found out.

Honored Contributor

Re: KEVIN SPACEY TRIAL

[ Edited ]

This is not the first time Kevin Spacey has been accused of sexual assault.  He has a history of this type of behavior.

There are over 30 complaints about him.  Richard Dreyfuss's son accused him of inappropriate touching that happened at the same time his father was in the room with them.

He is a sexual predator.

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

Well, first I will say that I was a fan of Kevin Spacey, as an actor of course, since I know nothing about him as a human being.  But I loved his acting, and a few interviews I saw with  him made him look like a funny person, he told amusing anecdotes.  He also was supposedly a good friend of Judi Densch, and she seems like a nice enough woman.

So, when all the negative stuff came out about him, I was disappointed.  I try to keep an open mind about this kind of thing, and apparently from what others who knew him chimed in with,he is kind of a weird character in ways.

I agree with you though, that this story sounds questionable.  The fact is, none of us knows exactly what happened and we never will.

I thought it was sad that in a world where you are suppose to be innocent until proven guilty, just an accusation can ruin an entire career, and really an entire life.

I just keep reminding myself, I cannot know for  sure what happened in any of these cases.  It's easy to want to believe something negative about someone if we don't like them to begin with.  You just have to try to remain objective and not get caught up in a witch-hunt kind of thinking.

@blueroses47

People love to say that, but I don't see where this has happened.   ONE accusation?   Who did this happen to?

Someone makes a claim about an assault, and what happens next is an investigation ..... they are looking for a pattern of behavior.  If no one else can be found, it's a "he said, she said" ....  in many cases.   Even if someone didn't report it to the police, they may have told their shrink ...  or family ...  or friends .... and that sets a timeline for them to follow.

Take creeps like Cosby or Weinstein .....  an accusation was made ..... and then other women started coming forward.  If I'm not mistaken, Weinstein had more than 80 accusers, and Cosby had about 60 accusers.   

Even for those that still want to give them the benefit of the doubt, when there's that much smoke, there's usually fire.