Honored Contributor

K pop star dies at 25

[ Edited ]

Sulli, a major K-pop star has died at a young age.  K pop is huge for the very young in the U.S., so I doubt anyone here has even heard of her.  She looks somewhat familiar to me. Nearly all the young singers are in groups.  Her picture is included.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-50041130

Doesn't give the the reason of death.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird 

I just read a news article saying that her death is a suspected suicide, a month after causing controversy by showing her breasts on Instagram.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@songbird 

I just read a news article saying that her death is a suspected suicide, a month after causing controversy by showing her breasts on Instagram.

It's nothing here in the U.S. But South Korera is very prudish about certain things.  Young girl performing in very short skirts twerking, is about as far as they will go. 

Honored Contributor

Sad, the loss of such a young person.  Suicide is never the due to a single incident or experience.  Reading the article, she like to shock people and push the boundaries and break societies rules.  I think she was a troubled young woman.

Honored Contributor

My daughter told me that too many of the young performers over there commit suicide due to the immense pressure forced on them as well.

Honored Contributor

Is this poor girl missing her left arm?

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Is this poor girl missing her left arm?

No

Image result for sulli