Super Contributor

Re: K-Mart Commercial During the Holidays

On 1/3/2015 sfnative said:
On 1/3/2015 Plaid Pants said:
On 1/3/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

I thought it was cute too. I don't even consider that even close to a bump or grind. It was a cute dance. I can't imagine choosing not to go to a store over something of little significance. Sounds like you don't really shop there anyway so you aren't missing much I guess. I haven't been in KMart in years. They just tore down the Kmart that was closest to my house. Their parking lot has been empty for the past couple of years.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I guess pregnant women are supposed to just stay hidden at home.

Not at all, for heaven's sake. My personal opinion is that those gyrations belong in a men's club, not on TV for kids to see.

There was nothing wrong with the way that they danced. That was so not the "bump & grind". And if kiddies are going to be scarred for life just by seeing that commercial, then they must live in a cave, because I'm sure that they see much "worse" in their daily life.

Honored Contributor

For that level of store, I like K Mart, I only wish there were more around... So their ads push the envelope a tad. They're trying to remain viable and their ads don't really make all that much difference to me one way or the other.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

It was a fine commercial. Unless you are Mormon. But then, you should not be watching television.

Respected Contributor

On 1/3/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

I feel like I am in the movie Footloose.

I get that feeling a lot here and in the the Fashion Forum

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

i thought it was a fun commercial......it put a smile on my face......totally unexpected. that type of dancing is so NOT a bump and grind mens club dance.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I just watched it; hadn't seen it because I don't watch commercials. I had to google it - but I think it is VULGAR.

Honored Contributor

They've been doing this with their commercials for a while. I think the first one was the one about shipping pants, and it probably got so much media attention they decided to continue with the 2 Joe Boxer ads. I guess it's the policy "no ink is bad ink." I don't care for the ads, because that type of humor doesn't appeal to me -- but many people think it's fun, and again it seems to generate plenty of chatter about Kmart.Wink

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

I think the K Mart ads are crude. I guess there's no such thing as a "lady" anymore, or a gentleman for that matter. The ads they ran last fall with the children, made them sound very uneducated. Just what type of people are they trying to market to? Our K Mart has some really nice things. They don't need to run those types of ads. It makes me have a negative attitude about the store, so I don't bother with them.

Frequent Contributor

I especially liked the one last year with the bells. Hey, I really like the sounds of bells,lol.

Super Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Anniecamp said:

I think the K Mart ads are crude. I guess there's no such thing as a "lady" anymore, or a gentleman for that matter. The ads they ran last fall with the children, made them sound very uneducated. Just what type of people are they trying to market to? Our K Mart has some really nice things. They don't need to run those types of ads. It makes me have a negative attitude about the store, so I don't bother with them.

My opinion as well.