Esteemed Contributor

Re: Justin Troudeau's wife tests positive for the Coronavirus

The President of Brazil also tested positive.

Honored Contributor

Yes, exactly, @ms traditional , that's what I was saying, thanks!

Respected Contributor

OK so if you have symptoms, I can see getting tested - not because you are going to experience any difference in medical treatment - which can only treat the symptoms anyway - but because you might expose others.

But otherwise, what good does testing actually do?

I heard a doctor last night say - oh if you've been exposed - or think you have - and you test negative, then you're fine and don't need to quarantine.

What?  I thought it could take up to two weeks to manifest symptoms.  And weren't we told that people who tested negative once - even twice - later developed symptoms and then tested positive?

So again - do we need to be testing everyone every other day or so?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

OK so if you have symptoms, I can see getting tested - not because you are going to experience any difference in medical treatment - which can only treat the symptoms anyway - but because you might expose others.

But otherwise, what good does testing actually do?

I heard a doctor last night say - oh if you've been exposed - or think you have - and you test negative, then you're fine and don't need to quarantine.

What?  I thought it could take up to two weeks to manifest symptoms.  And weren't we told that people who tested negative once - even twice - later developed symptoms and then tested positive?

So again - do we need to be testing everyone every other day or so?  

I would ask...what would you do differently if you did test positive?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Oznell    just thought i'd add the Hanks/Wilson update from yesterday.  onward!

They are a great couple and I wish them the best.  It was mentioned on a news program that Rita was at the Sydney opera house, "performing her music", I think is how it was phrased.  I had no idea she was involved with music in any way.  I found a video of her singing on youtube.  I only listened to part of one song, and that was all I needed to hear.  Enough said.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead