Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
I'm wondering why the OP had to mention that the rest of the house is a mess.

Oh, never mind. It sounds pretty clear that it's not the tree she has a problem with.

--------

Seems a bit unkind.  HE was just inquiring and figured many people might respond by saying the mom probably wanted to clean so took that answer off the table. With little kids at home, I'd also be surprised that the tree came down that soon.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why people think live trees only last a couple of weeks.  Are you watering it?  We always have live trees and they last a month and beyond if watered daily.  Granted you get a dud every once in a while, but to say you have to take a live tree down after two weeks is ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

My neighbors that have taken down decorations all had live trees.  We truly celebrate the 12 Days of Christmas, so our decorations stay up through the first week of January. 🎄😊🎄😊🎄😊

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Irshgrl31201, I have never done decorations, living alone and until recently never feeling very merry at Xmas. But I have always thought that if I won the Lotto, I would have professionals do my house for Xmas inside and out and I would thoroughly enjoy that :-)

It literally saved my marriage @Moonchilde!!!! Hahaha! I used to dread it but I didn't dread it enough to stop decorating. Now I look forward to it! I only started getting help about 4-5 yrs ago and it is nice. We worked out a deal where I pay him half in cash and half in services for the year (I'm an esthetician). He can get anything he wants done throughout the year.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

We took our tree down today.  I will leave some of the smaller Christmas decorations up a while longer but the tree takes up a lot of space in our small living room so I'm ready to take it down after Christmas and get my space back. 

I did the opposite.  The last 2 days I've been putting all the inside decorations away.  Now only the trees are still up.  This is the first time we've ever had trees up with no other decorations.  It's kind of nice.  The trees will come down (probably) Sunday.

As for trees without presents....I have wrapped empty boxes under the trees.  The packages are wrapped to match the trees' color schemes.

Honored Contributor

That's a great deal, @Irshgrl31201

How about a facial?😎

Life without Mexican food is no life at all