Honored Contributor

Re: Just when I thought I had heard everything

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

That just would NOT have worked for me. 

I would have immediately demanded the boyfriend arrange for my return home on the first flight out of there. 

The end. 

@Maggie Nolia - I'm an independent person. I would have made my own flight arrangements.  Don't need anyone to do it for me. 

Bless your heart.

While I'm perfectly willing and able to make my own arrangements, the onus would be on him to make the arrangements and pay for it, all to my satisfaction.

@Maggie Nolia  - I have to agree with @gidgetgh .  I would make my own arrangements and pay my own way.  I wouldn't expect anyone to pay for me.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Duckncover 

This story is so off-the-wall questions are reasonable.

As far as any OP not coming back, not just you, it is also reasonable to think you MAY have just ignored answering posters.

We have seen this many times; a story is posted, people spend time on it, and the OP never returns but is seen posting elswhere.

The intent is not so much to doubt you as it is to wrap oneself around such a story that is unbelievable.

Face it-even you said you thought you had heard everything.

When something like this is posted, expect the questions and doubts.

This is so well said by @Cakers3 .  Oftentimes, the OP won't come back to a thread and can be seen posing elsewhere @Duckncover .   I know that you came back.  I'm just saying that oftentimes the OP doesn't come back.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Duckncover 

As far as any OP not coming back, not just you, it is also reasonable to think you MAY have just ignored answering posters.

We have seen this many times; a story is posted, people spend time on it, and the OP never returns but is seen posting elswhere.

The intent is not so much to doubt you as it is to wrap oneself around such a story that is unbelievable.

This is so well said by @Cakers3 .  Oftentimes, the OP won't come back to a thread and can be seen posing elsewhere @Duckncover . 

@San Antonio Gal -she has responded a few times the last few days. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

DIdn't read all the comments but I was thinking...are the parents gross hoarders?

I've seen homes and people that look and dress normal and clean from outward appearances, but their homes look like that show "Hoarders".

Maybe embarrased for her to see the inside.

Nevertheless, a simple explanation from the boyfried would suffice, plus they stay at a hotel together for the visit.

Something is off here. It's either that or some strict religious construct.

Stay single.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1  wrong about what?  that people have different natures and handle things differently?   wrong that I said it's ok not to have left instantly?  Or?

you wrote:

@moonandthestars : You are just plain WRONG!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Duckncover 

This is so well said by @Cakers3 .  Oftentimes, the OP won't come back to a thread and can be seen posing elsewhere @Duckncover . 

@San Antonio Gal -she has responded a few times the last few days. 

@gidgetgh- You are correct.  The OP replied has to comments but did not tag posters.

Trusted Contributor

Okay, for those who were thinking I wasn't giving enough info on my niece's weekend from h-lI, I actually talked to my niece this morning. She told me she and her "boyfriend" were going to take a break from each other while he is having to be away working for a month, and probably longer. He flew back home last night and she said there were no plans to see him before he flies back late Sunday....I told her I thought they were making a good decision. She honestly didn't sound upset or anything, so I am hoping this whole thing is over. I also asked her if she knew why his parents wanted her to stay in the camper. She said they don't approve of having a girlfriend stay at the house due to sleeping arrangements when not married...she did go inside into the foyer/ LR area of the parents house when they first arrived and she said the house looked very nice inside. So I guess no hoarding! She  was going out with some friends today so we didn't get to visit very long. I just think the parents are weird  and so is the boyfriend. 

Regular Contributor

So if the boyfriend took her to lunch a couple of times what happened the rest of the time?  Did she just sit in the trailer day and night?  This is just too bizarre.  I could see wanting to catch up with your child and not want to "bore" the other person, but for four days?  I would thjink they were caught up the first night he was there. He obviously wasn't thinking about your niece at all since it doesn't sound like they did anything else except lunch.  This is just too bizarre.  It's like she was kept prisoner.  There is no way I would have stayed in that trailer 24/7.  I would have asked him why he even bothered to have  me come if he wasn't going to spend any time with me.  What was he doing all day?

Trusted Contributor

If I were her,I would run.He sounds a little off,as his parents also do.she should have gone right away,poor thing fell sorry for her.

Valued Contributor

@Duckncover , your niece needs to learn to speak up for herself.  All is not on the parents.  The young couple obviously does not communicate very well, I would have been having a conversation with him as to why this happened and it shows he didn't show much respect for her.  He should have cut the stay short when his parent did this.  Morals and values...trust comes to mind.  His parents must not trust him if the reason for not having her in the house was fear they would sleep together?  Really now..

I would never turn away my childs significant other, friend or otherwise.  I open my doors to all, even my grandchildren's friends, same and opposite sex are invited.  When bedrooms are full we set up an airbed in the office or den.  We have limits at all ages, set expectations and expect them to be followed.  

She certainly had a learning experience!