Honored Contributor

I saw this commerical last night.  I find it disgusting, degrading and making fun of women.  

1. I just saw this FemiClear commercial, and it’s a memorable one to say the least. Two women are at yoga when one’s uhh…”hooha” starts to sing. What’s that sound you ask? Why it’s the sound of a hooha whose yeast infection has been treated with FemiClear! It’s all natural and organic too…nice! So her hooha is full of joy!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Just what we women need

[ Edited ]

OMG!  I had to youtube it to see what you were talking about!  RIDICULOUS!!!  ....not cute!

The comments are funny!

Honored Contributor

I have seen the commercial a few times....I think it was in poor taste as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just what we women need

[ Edited ]

That truly is tasteless. So is the one with three women standing in their bikini's with a little bouquet of foliage in front of their hooha. (good word for it). It's an ad for....geez I forget if it's a shaver or a dipilatory.

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I have seen the commercial a few times....I think it was in poor taste as well.

Trusted Contributor

I am not a prude but am shocked at the explicit nature of commercials now a days.  It shows a lack of talent and creativity in the creation of commecials.  

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper ..............I am by far a prude either but there are some things that are just plain disgusting and to me this is one of them.

Trusted Contributor

Read the rationale behind this FemiClear ad. It might provide insight to the audience that would be receptive to the pitch.

https://www.adpulp.com/joie-de-hooha-is-utterly-natural-and-totally-achievable/

There are also reviews and comments about this controversial ad to look over online. Many women find it very funny and are not offended because of the humorous and candid approach it takes to a personal hygiene issue. 

To me, what is most revealing is that these adults on TV refer to their genitals as a “hooha” like kindergartners. I guess the real words for our anatomy, male and female parts, cannot be said aloud on TV?

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal ..........I dont find having a horrible infection and the treatment for it a laughing matter.  IMO its not a hygiene issue.

My above comment is not directed at you personally but at the reference that this is a hygiene problem.

Respected Contributor

Good Lord.  I'm not a prude but I am modest.   I think it if offensive and insulting to women in particular.  These advertising agencies push the envelope when it come to crude and offensive content. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not a prude either but this comes across as just plain stupid....."hoo Ha"...really? 

Then there is the Charmin commercial with the three bears and the smallest one says, "My hinney's clean".  I had to do a doubletake when I first heard that!  Who is this supposed to appeal to?