Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Just want to share about a good deed

First of all, one of my sisters just passed away, yesterday was her funeral, another sister stayed with my sister, Ethel, who has a house yet. She is 91, and the other sister is 90.  Well, during the week before the funeral, the toilet overflowed, water all over the basement, she needed to quickly get someone, heard of this man, got him to come, cost $1000.00, for all that work but it had to be done, he sucked up 90 gallons of water, cleaned the carpets, came again with fans to dry the basement, and he was so nice to her, she was going to pay him and he said no, he was glad to do this for a 91 year old woman living alone, just "Merry Christmas!"  Wow!  

By the way, I lost two sisters within five months - in their nineties, but I was very close to them.  It's hard to believe that I only have two left now. We would all get together for birthdays.  They are happier now in Eternity. We miss them though.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Just want to share about a good deed

That is an amazing story.  What a beautiful and thoughtful gesture!

Respected Contributor

Sorry for your losses. What a nice man to help and do a good deed for your sister. Nice to know kindness is still out there.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@gloriajean   I’m so sorry for your recent losses of two sisters.  My heart goes out to you.  

Very nice of the  contractor, to not charge for his work. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for sharing this story.  What a nice guy he was.  And I'm sorry for the loss of your sisters; it sounds like you remained close to your siblings.

Esteemed Contributor

@gloriajean  Sincere condolences on the loss of both your sisters in such a short period of time. 

How fortunate your sister found such a kind plumber who knows the meaning of family, loss and Christmas. What an amazing gentleman! 

Thank you for sharing such a timely post. Blessings to you and your sister. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@gloriajean, what a wonderful act of kindness.  It warms the heart to know there are people who can be so giving.

My condolences on your loss.  Although your sisters are gone, I am sure their spirit lives inside you and your sister.  LM

Honored Contributor

@gloriajeanwonderful story. I know how close you were to your sisters, but you are looking at it through the eyes of eternity, and that will help you cope

Hugs my dear friend

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean, so sorry for your losses.  I appreciate that you chose to share the act of kindness of that gentleman.  A true gentleman.  Again, many acts of kindness this year that we are hearing about.  I appreciate hearing those, since it's so needed.

Honored Contributor