Respected Contributor

I have only started posting on this forum more over the last year and I know their are people here who have been posting for years. I have been shopping on QVC for years and years but just not interested in posting here or any other forum, facebook etc so not in the loop as to how people can be I guess.  I have read many very good post, obtained valuable information and appreciate responses to my questions and comments but I have also read many unkind post aimed at the Host and vendors. I must admit I have made a few comments about a vendor who I sometimes have to mute if I want to watch the show and I realize that the vendor will not change their selling tactics so I don't concern myself or make rude comments here when they are on the air. I can always not watch, go to the internet to view the items and purchase if I choose.  I think it's very sad that people make unkind comments about the Host who are just trying to make a living. I don't care what they are wearing as long as they are not naked which I know will never happen.   So with that said I do wish people would be more respectful of others. Why concern yourself about what a Host is wearing ? Their is to much bad going on in the world to be concerned about.  This comment is not meant to be argumentive so I hope it is not removed.   I sincerely wish all a great and blessed day.  

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I have only started posting on this forum more over the last year and I know their are people here who have been posting for years. I have been shopping on QVC for years and years but just not interested in posting here or any other forum, facebook etc so not in the loop as to how people can be I guess.  I have read many very good post, obtained valuable information and appreciate responses to my questions and comments but I have also read many unkind post aimed at the Host and vendors. I must admit I have made a few comments about a vendor who I sometimes have to mute if I want to watch the show and I realize that the vendor will not change their selling tactics so I don't concern myself or make rude comments here when they are on the air. I can always not watch, go to the internet to view the items and purchase if I choose.  I think it's very sad that people make unkind comments about the Host who are just trying to make a living. I don't care what they are wearing as long as they are not naked which I know will never happen.   So with that said I do wish people would be more respectful of others. Why concern yourself about what a Host is wearing ? Their is to much bad going on in the world to be concerned about.  This comment is not meant to be argumentive so I hope it is not removed.   I sincerely wish all a great and blessed day.  

somehow.............I could see Mike Rowe pulling that stunt.....he did a lot of crazy and funny things in his QVC days...........................and I'd watch. : )....................................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

Well, I don't say 'bad' things about the hosts.  However, I think most people here feel the need to say some things.

Since you are new I'll tell you this board used to be like the wild west!  It is calm these days.

I don't see anything wrong with people voicing their opinion (as long as it's done respectfully) and that is subjective.

It's like many things in life.  If you want to play in the playground, you follow the rules or you are out.

If QVC doesn't like what someone says, they take it off.

Oh!  How I wish I was good all of the time.  Oh!  How I wish I was perfect!  However, I am not either one.  I'll just have to settle for some of the time.

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

The word is "there" not "their".  It's a lost cause with wanting to stop the host bashing.  It's  better on these boards than it used to be because they are monitored better.  

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes    You did voice your opinion and that is a wonderful thing...other people also choose to voice their opinions and that is also a wonderful thing.  Your opinions may not mesh with someone else's opinions.  But all opinions should be welcome as long as they are not insults. You can be respectful and at the same time say how you feel. Some people may not like someone's opinion but that goes with the territory. 

Super Contributor

I can see why you chose the name Goodie2shoes. lol!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just voicing my opinion

[ Edited ]

I see any public accessed forum as a reflection of what goes on in the Real World, except worse, because of the anonymity?

See nothing here that I haven't seen or experienced in my life experiences with individuals and/or group.

Sure, it would be nice if we lived in a "kum-bi-ah" world now, but those I saw disappear a little more each decade after the 1950's. That is how I see our world when I can see the people with which I am communicating?

I have made many cyber friends during the almost 15 years participating on this Bulletin Board. The "not so nice one's"? In my eyes are a minute' percentage of those I have seen here.

" To each be their own"

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

It's a lot better than it used to be!  Now posts and threads are removed or locked when they get downright mean and nasty or break community standards. I never liked the host and vendor bashing so I am happy that the moderators take care of that now. 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

The volume of obnoxious posts is significantly lower outside of Community Chat. I only started coming into CC in the last year too and immediately noticed the difference. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

The OP doesn't like the negativity towards hosts and vendors but admits she has commented negatively herself? So her negativity is okay, it's just others she considers rude? Now, THAT *is* a typical forum declaration, whether the OP realizes it or not, lol.

The more extreme host/vendor bashing mostly just makes me roll my eyes, nothing more. I don't "dislike" it as much as find it petty, a waste of time, and dumb.

As far as hoping for a kinder, gentler forum in general - dream on. Forums are what they are and they never accommodate everyone - thank heaven.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all