Honored Contributor

Re: Just thought of Something--Job Interview Related

I interviewed for a job, was hired, gave my two week's notice and had worked at my new company for six weeks when I, along with others in management, was invited to dinner at an upscale restaurant where the owner announced he had sold the company.

Because this was an acquisition there were those whose position was eliminated and I was among them. Had I known negotiations to sell the company were in progress, I would not have applied; had I been told at the interview, I would not have accepted their offer. 

Honored Contributor

Courtesy interviews aren't courteous at all; they get the hopes up of the person who thinks they have a chance at the job; this type of interview should not be allowed.

Your colleague who left is lucky; he doesn't have to work for this awful person.

Trusted Contributor

I understand the quote. My point is that those with smaller minds can behave like those with larger minds if they go from taking about people to events to ideas, even if it's just momentarily.
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Esteemed Contributor

@JBKO wrote:
I understand the quote. My point is that those with smaller minds can behave like those with larger minds if they go from taking about people to events to ideas, even if it's just momentarily.

If what you are saying is that when people stop talking about and spreading gossip about people and they start talking about more important events and topics they grow as a person, I would agree.  No reason to go backwards, ever.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.