Honored Contributor

Re: The First thing to go once our State reopens!!! Just some humor😂

@homedecor1    Go buy yourself a new one.  Lowe's and Home Depot are open.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

At first think I will just do what I am doing staying home til I feel comfortable to venture out. We have 1 side by side fridge (just 2 of us) but been looking for a very small freezer to put in garage. They are all sold out guess everyone had the same idea. Once we get back I know we will have more inventory to choose. I really miss going out to eat. 

Honored Contributor

I miss the grandkids coming in the house.  My grands are older 15-31 years.  One of my granddaughters is out of work.    I hired her as my personal assistant to run  grocery trips and garden.  She has the best artistic talent in th garde.  She trims shrubs and plants and deadheads the plants.  I have a pond and an extensive garden   A bazillion plants and flowers.  She keeps them wonderful.  We have a gardener.  But during this time he does lawns and some clan up.  He spends less time at homes, and I don't blame him.  He is a full service gardener, but he has cut time in half.  He always did more than  expected.  So, hired grandaughter  better than giving her the money

we Sit outside for lunch, social distancing.  But I miss having her come inside to visit as well.  I haven't seen my other grandson 2 months.  Miss them near me.

Honored Contributor

My post was to be humorous not taken literally!  Perhaps I should move to Kitchen Forum!

I am not really putting the stove out for garbage-- Iwas being facetious!!!  I have a nice stove I'm just done with her!   

I love to cook but not every meal every day for these past 30+ days.

I can't wait for1 month after restaurants open cuz we like  eating out. I already know what I'm getting lobster tails 🦞and crabmeat cocktail🦀 , 🍷 at our fav beachplace after happy hour.

Then the things I'm buying:

1) New sleepnumber bed Id had my eyes on but store closed.

2) rebook my cruise to thePanama Canal for November, 2021

3)Already bought. airline tickets for every occasion  up home thru December 

4) Spend month of August in  Wildwood Jersey shore with my gd, great nephew and families.

Then I'll be right back on track!🙂🙂🙂

Valued Contributor

HOMEGOODS and LUNCH

Spoiler
Smiley Wink
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  I know read your posts of you cooking for friends and the pictures are amazing. We are all fed up with the oven because I too have been cooking way more than normal. DH is getting too happy with me cooking so tonight said find your dinner we had lots of leftovers. Retired go out at least twice a week half the time I bring home a box but know staff at resturants and feel so bad they rely on tips. Hope they are doing well. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not cooking for a week. Maybe a month.  I have never cooked this much and I'm sick of it.

Respected Contributor

This is funny my DH finally retired said I am done with the yard get a gardener we did, said I am done, ok fine not me still cleaning & cooking said get a cleaning person I can't do it somehow not into it. I love to clean I know insane. not there yet. so far works for me,  the cooking part not much but getting creative I use to love to cook & make leftovers into other meals. Reminds me when we 1st married didn't have money how to stretch meals wow now back to all of that. LOL 

Frequent Contributor

I need highlights!  I also want to go to garage sales.  Getting served at a restaurant.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cooking and or bread baking is normal for me since it has been the norm and usually from scratch; now I must be very careful what I eat due to diet restrictions to keep kidneys healthy; no frozen meals, no prepared foods, everything from scratch and must know nutrients in everything consumed.

The only complaint I have is in regard to all the smaller shops, nail salon, hair salons, antique shops etc in our town and IF they survive.  My nail salon was created by 2 wonderful sisters who immigrated from Vietnam.  Worked to make business flourish, they did, and worked to get their citizenship for which they are so very proud.  Watched their children grow up over the last 20 years and adore these 2 women...they must be able to open for business!  Knowing the way in which they operate with safety and sanitation, they would be able to open gradually...this shutdown breaks my heart!