Esteemed Contributor

No automatic alt text available.

Valued Contributor

Re: Just sharing from Facebook

Thank you for sharing this lovely post...it truly touched my heart.

I needed to read this today.

Esteemed Contributor

@gloriajean - Thank you for posting this. Hope you don't mind I just sent a copy off to my BFF who just lost her husband a few months ago. These are her first holidays alone and she is struggling.

Honored Contributor

If only it was that easy.......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this. I'm trying so hard , but I'm feeling really sad since loosing my mom. You'll never know how this has helped me.

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean, and @KingstonsMom,

I agree with both of you, thanks for posting.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your posts! I never know if it will get accepted here, but I did lose two sisters within five months, and this is the first Christmas for us without them.  Every Christmas there is someone who has lost a loved one. They are happy to enjoy their Christmas with their loved ones who have gone before them and our Lord.  So nice for them. 

Honored Contributor

I agree, the first Christmas after losing a loved one is hard but not everyone can just get on with it.  Not everyone wants to.  The first Christmas after my mom passed, I didn't participate and my husband, and friends and my girls who were young teens gave the wonder gift of letting me deal with the I wanted to.  They made Christmas and they let me burrow my head under the covers and sleep it all away.  Remember, people grief differently and no one should for forced to pretend that everything alright.    

Honored Contributor

So sorry to hear about your losing yet another sister, gloriajean.  I have a sister so I know how special they are. They are sister and best friend all rolled into one. I am really missing my Dad this year.  Mom and I had a good cry together last week.  Thanks so much for your post.   

Valued Contributor

@gloriajean Thank you for your post.  I think many have lost loved ones this year.  I know I have lost my Dad and my FIL within a few months time.  My MIL only made it 3 days after losing her husband and she is now in Hospice with what is called "Losing the will to live".  My thoughts and prayers are with all that have lost loved ones.  Also, with those that are fighting critical illnesses themselves.  Much Love.