Honored Contributor

Just sharing! email from banks -- phishing I'm surešŸ˜”

This week FB and Instagram supposedly had a "glitch". I think it was Wednesday.

Since then, I've received 8-10 emails from BB&T bank, Wells Fargo & Suntrust :  basically same exact email but using different bank logo.

BA724946-D85D-4DB4-81BC-058CD0AFDFF5.jpeg I don't use any of these banks NOR have I ever been a customer...

Just sharing in case others are receiving same.

I can't imagine how many "ads" I'm getting on my FB page..ughšŸ˜”

Frequent Contributor

Re: Just sharing! email from banks -- phishing I'm surešŸ˜”

Thanks for the safety warning @homedecor1.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Thanks for the warning....I'm so tired of all the Facebook ads--- phishing, scamming and otherwise, and my account is set on what's so supposed to be the highest setting for security/privacy....šŸ˜’

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.ā€
Respected Contributor

I have my Facebook account locked down too. I have nothing in my profile. So far no suspect emails, but I do get dozens of Facebook ads.

The scam calls are the ones I hate. Several calls lately telling me there is suspicious activity in foreign countries on my Apple devices. I got tired of it and told the one scammer that I was the person using my phone in all these foreign countries because I'm a world traveler. He told me I was liar and then a #@$ liar. I told him he was being "unkind" to a customer and I hoped this call was not being recorded for training purposes. He hung up. I figured I might be a good QVC Mod. It was quite comical.

Honored Contributor

Whenever I get emails like that from banks, credit card companies, etc. I always ignore them.  If they're real or if what they are saying is true it will be on the website when I do sign in to check something.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I have my Facebook account locked down too. I have nothing in my profile. So far no suspect emails, but I do get dozens of Facebook ads.

The scam calls are the ones I hate. Several calls lately telling me there is suspicious activity in foreign countries on my Apple devices. I got tired of it and told the one scammer that I was the person using my phone in all these foreign countries because I'm a world traveler. He told me I was liar and then a #@$ liar. I told him he was being "unkind" to a customer and I hoped this call was not being recorded for training purposes. He hung up. I figured I might be a good QVC Mod. It was quite comical.

@SunValley 

Personally I don't like Facebook and don't trust it's CEO.  The only reason I even have Facebook is because I volunteer for a non-profit and it's mandatory because they have a closed FB group and use it to keep everyone informed and use it for live meetings, announcements, volunteer schedules etc...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.ā€
Honored Contributor

I've gotten phonecalls from various banks about my accounts with them and they are always from banks I have no accounts with.  I end the call and block the number.

Just yesterday I rec'd an e-mail from "Amazon" about information on my account being changed in the middle of the night and they wanted me to log-in to check things.  There were multiple spelling errors in the e-mail and when I looked at the e-mail addy, it wasn't really from Amazon.  It also never addressed me by my name.  I deleted it and moved on.  

All these scams are nuts anymore. 

Esteemed Contributor

Phone Calls or Emails, etc. are from SCAMMERS!!!!! If u get a letter in the mail from a bank, etc. - just call the bank using their REAL phone number to confirm if they sent out the letter. Always assume it's from a SCAMMER. I'm home all day - and get 5+ SCAM calls a day. These criminals call from different phone numbers.