Respected Contributor

Re: Just sharing - Phone call to "Apple" today ...a SCAM...(long)

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Linmo 

yes she said this but how?  the number reflects US yet connects to a out of country person🤷‍♀️v

@homedecor1 It is called Caller ID spoofing.  The caller ID shows a different number than the one the scammers are actually calling from.  In addition to calls from "Apple Inc", we also receive calls that are supposedly from our area code but really are not.  Those tend to be from solicitors.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just sharing - Phone call to "Apple" today ...a SCAM...(long)

I knew some of the savvy tech posters here would know EXACTLY what it was as they did RECALL the number which was "404-))))" and it automatically went to a ringing and then nothing...

But, today I received both a email and cell phone call regarding my Chase account.  They had "important" news for me to REAPPLY for my recent request....

What recent request??? What Chase card???  I wasn't left a number but a person would return my call within 24 hours or use the LINK provided in the email.

YEA RIGHT...I think we really need to be on "high" alert.  

The only good thing about this was I stopped at our local Chase  branch and they took a copy of the email, phone # unknown to forward to the "fraud unit".  

Then of course, asked me if I was looking to open a account.Woman Wink