Honored Contributor

I've never heard QVC or any retailer claim their quality control checked every item that arrives in their warehouse.  That would be physically impossible.  Quality control is about taking random samples and inspecting them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@millies daughter wrote:
Again know word is not correct. Again the host say quality control not spot check.

@millies daughter 

From your vague comments I'd say you do not understand what quality control means.  It DOES NOT mean checking each and every item, all the time.

All you have to do is google the definitions of "quality control" and "quality assurance" and "quality management" to get a better idea of how companies implement controls.  

No one checks each and every mass produced item ... unless it is happening in the factory.   

Respected Contributor

Re: Just saying

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  "Quality control is about taking random samples and inspecting them."

I worked for a CPA for a few months and she told me the same thing.  When she was conducting audits for companies she would do random checking of products for quality control.  She said it would be too time consuming and expensive to go through each product.

Respected Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@KKJ "Does nobody no how to spell the word no?  LOL!"

I was being sarcastic with my response to JohnnyEager.  I do know the difference between no, now and know.

I know you were.  I was being a smarta## and sarcastic, hence my wrong use of no.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've never heard QVC or any retailer claim their quality control checked every item that arrives in their warehouse.  That would be physically impossible.  Quality control is about taking random samples and inspecting them.

@Kachina624 

Neither have I.  In fact I do not even understand this topic or why it was posted.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor
So the OP used the wrong form of a word and she also thought quality control checked all items. No reason to make fun of her.
Respected Contributor

Hi. @KKJ 

I now, I mean I no, I mean I know what eaches means LOL.  

I worked in shipping for over thirty years.  Each is an actual, accepted in the business, packaging unit, same as box, drum, or pallet.  So in that regard, plural is eaches.

Esteemed Contributor

Reading this makes me feel like I am running in a wheel like a Gerbil----getting nowherex-TlRL.gif

Esteemed Contributor

But at least everyone has been appropriately schooled.

Yes, Miss Thornton. 

1022full-peyton-place-screenshot.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

The OP has been unkindly chastised enough for the horrible sin of using the wrong word and in some opinions not being clear enough.  

I am taking @fthunt  suggestion and taking my marbles and going home.  Oh wait, I am home so putting them away.

@mspatmac  and @fthunt, I'm right behind you. I just don't get why Posters keep repeating the same thing.