Honored Contributor

Re: Just saw what today is.................

@50Mickey wrote:

@Judaline    Isn't National Holocaust Remembrance day January 27? From where was she broadcasting? Maybe her show was a repeat. Or is there another day of Remember the Holocaust that is celebrated on January 1?I apologize if I am mistaken about this. 

Here's what I think-like @Oznell said it could be a repeat and the banner beneath the pictures being shown said that today is  NHR day, BUT if it was a rerun it probably was first broadcast on the correct date and they didn't take the banner off. So sorry I goofed up the date.. Just shows it isn't a very popular date. Even Dec. 7th, Remember Pearl Harbor Day, doesn't get much press anymore. Pity.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline ,  yep,  I found on youtube what I think is the report you saw by Greta Van Susteren,  that she originally made on an anniversary of the liberation of camps.  They must have re-aired it on TV.

If anyone is interested, simply googling something like Greta tours death camps --  will bring it up handily.  It's good, but of course, sobering and deeply demoralizing to think of the evil.   Very touching when Greta lights a candle there for two relatives ( who miraculously, lived and came to the U.S.)

@Judaline ,  that reminds me,  you and I got a nightmarish vision of what Auschwitz was like, through "The Escape Artist-- The Man Who Broke Out of Auschwitz To Warn the World" by Jonathan Freedland.  When we dissected that book in the Book Forum ( last summer?). 

It wasn't entirely dark, in that the incredibly brave Rudi Vrba and Fred Wetzler actually managed that ingenious, dire, days-long escape.  Few Jews ever escaped Auschwitz alive, and the ones caught experienced a terrible fate.

Rudi was single-mindedly driven to get out, soon enough so he could save other innocents.   He didn't have a trouble-free life thereafter, but he achieved wonderful things.

So despite the tragic subject matter,  I recommend "The Escape Artist" ,  to anyone who wants to know more.  There's hope in Rudi and Fred's story.   

Honored Contributor

Heroic Auschwitz Escapee Rudi Vrba and daughters Zuza and Helena:

Zuza-Helena-Rudi-L-to-R-courtesy-of-Robin-Vrba-e1661784131493.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Oznell wrote:

Judaline ,  yep,  I found on youtube what I think is the report you saw by Greta Van Susteren,  that she originally made on an anniversary of the liberation of camps.  They must have re-aired it on TV.

If anyone is interested, simply googling something like Greta tours death camps --  will bring it up handily.  It's good, but of course, sobering and deeply demoralizing to think of the evil.   Very touching when Greta lights a candle there for two relatives ( who miraculously, lived and came to the U.S.)

@Judaline ,  that reminds me,  you and I got a nightmarish vision of what Auschwitz was like, through "The Escape Artist-- The Man Who Broke Out of Auschwitz To Warn the World" by Jonathan Freedland.  When we dissected that book in the Book Forum ( last summer?). 

It wasn't entirely dark, in that the incredibly brave Rudi Vrba and Fred Wetzler actually managed that ingenious, dire, days-long escape.  Few Jews ever escaped Auschwitz alive, and the ones caught experienced a terrible fate.

Rudi was single-mindedly driven to get out, soon enough so he could save other innocents.   He didn't have a trouble-free life thereafter, but he achieved wonderful things.

So despite the tragic subject matter,  I recommend "The Escape Artist" ,  to anyone who wants to know more.  There's hope in Rudi and Fred's story.   

Yes, very easy to find.

YouTube: Greta tours death camps on Holocaust Remembrance Day

Newsmax

Jan. 27, 2023

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was obviously and clearly a rebroadcast. 

But the usual suspects couldn't wait to pounce and snap and berate a fellow poster.

They lie in wait prepared to criticize with their airs and graces.

It's loathsome to attack someone for their choice of information outlets.  Fake airs and graces.  And looking to pick a fight about, of all topics, The Holocaust.   Unbelievable. 

Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

It was obviously and clearly a rebroadcast. 

But the usual suspects couldn't wait to pounce and snap and berate a fellow poster.

They lie in wait prepared to criticize with their airs and graces.

But ideally it would be nice if the OP would go back and correct the first posting after receiving the updated information to avoid further arguments from those that tend to just read the initial post and not the rest of the thread.

Frequent Contributor

Why anyone would watch Newsmax is truly beyond me. They are liars and peddle in disinformation.

Respected Contributor

@kimbobimbo wrote:

Why anyone would watch Newsmax is truly beyond me. They are liars and peddle in disinformation.

MSNBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC

fixed it for ya

Esteemed Contributor

Can't a poster share information without others disparaging their choice of news stations? No, I suppose not, people are too judgmental to allow that. 

The OP got dates wrong; it was corrected. No one is perfect, except the posters who got all uptight about the mistake, even though she corrected herself.  They must be the perfect ones. 

Thanks for sharng the information.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Thanks to all those who see through the noise, and see the "bigger picture" of the important material that Judaline was bringing to our attention--  and to our Judaline again, for doing it.