Respected Contributor

Re: Just saw some beautiful Christmas cards...makes me want to start sending them again.

I always send out and receive photo cards of family and friends that I don't typically see over the holidays.  It is a nice way to see our children grow up.  When my oldest was in college we took our family photo at Thanksgiving.  This year she is in graduate school at Cambridge so no Thanksgiving photo (we will be on vacation anyway) This year everyone will get an adorable photo of our cat lying on a fluffy red blanket.

Contributor

Re: Just saw some beautiful Christmas cards...makes me want to start sending them again.

I remember those days vividly! Thanks for bringing back the memories!
Contributor

My comment was meant for Cherry, regarding multiple mail deliveries years ago. (This is the first time I’ve posted in a long while so not familiar with the present format).
Esteemed Contributor

I like to send out cards too, about 30 to 35 to relatives and friends. I look for cards that have beautiful artwork.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I have never stopped sending Christmas cards...but I have shortened my list. The ones we receive now are usually just photos of kids or grandkids...I love to get an actual card that someone has taken the time to write a note inside and address the envelope and mail it.....it means a lot to older folks also. I send one to family, some former coworkers of mine and of DH....and some to some older friends who have no family....I learned they keep the cards open on a bedside table or coffee table all year long....when I learned that....how could I ever stop sending Christmas cards? The one pledge I have made to myself this year though...no cards with glitter! It makes such a mess sending it and also when it is taken out of the envelope. I hope the tradition of sending Christmas cards begins to grow again...we are connected only through technology now in so many cases...a personal note inside a card is a wonderful way to connect with others. 

Honored Contributor

I buy my cards at Hobby Lobby. Some are so pretty I want to keep them for myself! They usually have them on sale right about now and after Christmas also. They are carrying a much smaller selection than in years’ past....a sign of the times, I’m afraid,
Honored Contributor

Many find it easier to just post “merry Christmas” on their FB page. NOT the same as a card! Am happy to see so many are still sending cards...I thought I was the only one!
Honored Contributor

The thing we look forward to each year is a Christmas letter a friend sends out every year instead of a card. It is so ridiculously self-promoting and bragging that we find it hilarious. Have to laugh so we aren’t offended!
Trusted Contributor

I love sending and receiving Christmas cards every year, it’s such a nice time to keep in touch and stay connected. I write a personal note in every card and really enjoy it. I love getting the photo cards from friends and family and think it’s such a nice touch. I’ll be sending cards every year as it gives me great joy to remember loved ones.