Honored Contributor

Just saw some beautiful Christmas cards...makes me want to start sending them again.

You know, it's not that expensive.  Not like a gift you go out and shop for someone.  But a nice little note to let people know you're thinking of them and best wishes, and a way to keep in touch.

I may go back to it this year.  Leftover cards, if very pretty, I may frame for the season, and change it out each year.  

Hey, maybe by sending cards, people could get back in the habit of sending thank you cards once again.  

And handwriting, to practice once again.

For me, there's probably under 20.  Family smaller, retired, but still, cards are so pretty.

Do you think it would go over, or are people too much out of the habit now? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Just saw some beautiful Christmas cards...makes me want to start sending them again.

We still send out a few to friends and distant family and people seem to enjoy receiving them.  They will call and often times this will be the only time we speak to them until a funeral, wedding, or birthday.  Just a way to let them know we are thinking of them.

We also enjoy the ones that are set to us.  Sometimes surprised by the sender.  

I'm sure they will all go away in time, so I'll enjoy the moments while I still can.  Who knows, maybe someday it'll become popular again.                 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Regular Contributor

Re: Just saw some beautiful Christmas cards...makes me want to start sending them again.

I’ve decided to send cards this year too. I ordered some beautiful cards and there are so many people I have not seen this year, I think it is important.  Will probably send around 25.

Honored Contributor

I've never stopped sending cards.  I send birthday cards to all my family members incuding nieces, nephews and their kids.  I send about 30 Christmas cards.  All my cards are hand made by me.

Honored Contributor

I still send about 20 - 25 cards.  I really enjoy sending and receiving them.  I would miss them if I didn't get any.  I think it's sad that I used to get so many, and now there's so few.  I don't know why people quit sending them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I mail out around 20 cards for Christmas.  My elderly relatives particularly enjoy them...sadly, the number of those decreases as the years pass.

i usually receive maybe 15 cards....never counted them, but I keep them in an antique basket made from old Christmas cards, and enjoy them through the season.

I am from a large family, and pass out cards to sibs, nieces and nephews at our Christmas party, with a scratch off lottery ticket tucked inside.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I send cards each year. I have cut a few people out that I stopped sending so I will send about 25 to 30 cards. I enjoy it and enjoy receiving cards Smiley Happy 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Valued Contributor

I send out cards every year. I like shopping for them and seeing all the different designs and sentiments. Years ago I bought them from Abbey Press and Renaissance, and this year I ordered some from Etsy.  People who don’t send out cards still enjoy receiving them, and sending them out is part of Christmas for me. I mail about 40 each year.  I buy Christmas stamps, too. 

@Krimpette, homemade cards are my favorite, which is why I got them from Etsy this year. I’ve also found beautiful ones at Christmas craft shows. I’m crafty but not that crafty!  I bet people love getting your cards. 

Esteemed Contributor

I still send out cards.  All my relatives live out of state. It’s a nice way to stay in contact with them and other friends that I don’t see often.  I also like to make my own cards.  People seem to enjoy them.   It’s nice to hear from others too. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is aways nice to be thought of. I am sure most people would enjoy a card

The first year I was married  we lived in the city limits. During the run up to Christmas ,we had mail delivery 2 times a day, to help move all the volume of Christmas mail to the recipient. The final week we got mail 3 times a day..Of course this was back in the dark ages when the population was much smaller