Honored Contributor

Just saw an HSN ad showing Suze Orman!

She is on HSN tonight! Wonder what happened between her and QVC? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just saw an HSN ad showing Suze Orman!

QVC used to have a segment of vendros who were in the self help business.  The Q seems to have moved away from that type of vendor altogether, and if so then Orman's product simply no longer had a place on QVC.  I'm surprisd HSN has jumped on this as Suze Orman's money management philosophies are in conflict with the business model of television shopping networks (and infomercials) which is based on impulse buying.  

Honored Contributor

It's a no brainer, her stuff wasn't well enough to justify the air time.  I would have thought she would end up on Evine where so many Qvc castoffs are now.

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

QVC used to have a segment of vendros who were in the self help business.  The Q seems to have moved away from that type of vendor altogether, and if so then Orman's product simply no longer had a place on QVC.  I'm surprisd HSN has jumped on this as Suze Orman's money management philosophies are in conflict with the business model of television shopping networks (and infomercials) which is based on impulse buying.  

Like Wayne Dyer and Anthony Robbins. Not into these people or the mega church leaders/speakers.

Super Contributor

She also resides in Florida, so that was an easy transition for her.

Super Contributor

I have a book I bought from her over 10 years ago titled the Road to Wealth. It covers the same products and topics that she sold on QVC.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went to see what she had and it is all old.  Nothing new.  The books are 3-6 years old.  I thought for sure, since she "retired", she would have something new to sell.  Surprised HSN would have her on without fresh material.  I am sure the fact that Suze lives in Florida is a big reason.