Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just read Maureen O'Hara has passed

Such a lovely attractive female.  I enjoyed her in Hunchback of Notre Dame, Spencer's Mountain, Parent trap, How Green Was My Valley, and others.  Sad news. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear that, though she did have a long & interesting life.  Loved her in all her films & I, too, got a kick out of the original Parent Trap movie.  More recently, I really laughed at her as John Candy' s mom in Only The Lonely.  RIP

Honored Contributor

"Her characters were feisty and fearless, just as she was in real life. She was also proudly Irish and spent her entire lifetime sharing her heritage and the wonderful culture of the Emerald Isle with the world," the FitzSimons family statement said.

"For those who may ask what they can do to honor Maureen, we have a simple request: visit Ireland one day and think of her," the family said.

Appears that she raised a proud family, too.  This is from CNN.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

i thought she was just great.  i'm sorry to hear this.

Esteemed Contributor

What could I admire more of Maureen O'Hara?:

She was one of the last of the truest _most of_  "natural beauties"

I loved every movie she was in.

Along, with being absolutely a naturally beautiful woman, she was One Hundred Percent  ™a natural red haired Icon that I define as one of the top *5* wholesome women, along with being immensely intelligent.

Wholesome, Beautiful and highly intelligent is so rare, I will not attempt to even surmise, trying to name one other, 'not even one more' at this sudden attempt to begin to recall.

Personally, I have ALWAYS found it extremely difficult to understand why society can not validate being beautiful with an extremely gifted woman, also being extraordinarily intelligent.

I ignite when around intelligent people, especially any females who have so much innate wisdom, no certain age.

I find it almost impossible to function, here, trying to communicate with the average person, who whines, a person who is always asking "what color should I paint my walls, those who come here to tell us all ...that either a family member snores or another member of the family is so out of touch with their own way...how to think or live their life, especially those who complain just how life should be, according to she or he".

That WOULD be a question that, if I had met Ms. O'Hara, I definitely would have asked. 

She, Ms. O'Hara was very private...``that I can understand``.

"Wholesome" in this world, especially this country is almost obsolete. If I had not married one of the most intelligent men that I have ever known, then I should think of never being married. 

I certainly do understand why she did marry the one Love of her Life. I believe she was one of the happiest, most secure women that I have known of, through movies, or in features about her. 

NAES

She died in her sleep. No pain, while living in a modest, secluded home in Idaho.

I shall miss her, even those delightful interviews, I lastly had seen three months ago with TCM's  Robert Osborne.

...."somewhat as though a great piece of history has died, also".

Honored Contributor

She was a perfect example that women can be strong and still be beautiful and sexy. Being half Irish and a red head I always wanted to be just like her - however God did not give me her astounding beauty or her bust size. I do have her very Irish POV toward things, and her strength.

Respected Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

I ignite when around intelligent people, especially any females who have so much innate wisdom, no certain age.

I find it almost impossible to function, here, trying to communicate with the average person, who whines, a person who is always asking "what color should I paint my walls, those who come here to tell us all ...that either a family member snores or another member of the family is so out of touch with their own way...how to think or live their life, especially those who complain just how life should be, according to she or he".

NAES

So sorry you find it almost impossible to function here and communicate with average people.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@NAES1 wrote:

NAES

So sorry you find it almost impossible to function here and communicate with average people.

many of the posters here are not at all average. There are very intelligent, there are total nuts and those who are happy and some who are seriously depressed. It is a small microscope of society and all that intails.

Honored Contributor

She was a little before my time but of course I've seen Miracle on 34th Street.  It was a good movie, I don't know but suppose Maureen had the lead role.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved her in Parent Trap - remember my mother taking me to see it.  My favorite movie of hers - watch it whenever it is on.  Also loved her in Miracle on 34th St. and Mr.Hobbs Takes a Vacation.  A beautiful woman - may she rest in peace.