Honored Contributor

Just read Maureen O'Hara has passed

I don't think I'm repeating this, just read it. That's too bad. She and John Wayne were a pair! May she Rest In Peace.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just read Maureen O'Hara has passed

I loved her in the original Parent Trap movie.  Ninety-five is a nice long life.

Esteemed Contributor

A wonderful woman who lived a long and creative life.  I loved everything she provided us on screen and wanted her to be my mother (when I saw her in "Parent Trap").  May she rest in peace.

Esteemed Contributor

That makes me so sad. She was a great beauty. My father had a very deep crush on her. I so enjoyed her many movies. May she rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfnative wrote:

A wonderful woman who lived a long and creative life.  I loved everything she provided us on screen and wanted her to be my mother (when I saw her in "Parent Trap").  May she rest in peace.

I loved her in Miracle on 34th Street even more than in The Parent Trap.  

Frankly, I hadn't even realized she was still alive.  She was 94 yrs. old.

http://www.people.com/article/actress-maureen-ohara-dies

Honored Contributor

A lovely woman.   May she rest in peace.

I found this while looking for an image.  I did very poorly on the quiz:

http://ireland-calling.com/quiz-maureen-ohara/

Quiz on Maureen OHara

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

She was a beauty and my father's favorite actress.

Esteemed Contributor

Truth be told, I didn't know that she was still alive. I thought that she had already passed some time ago.

She had a good, long life.

May she R.I.P.

Respected Contributor

"The Quiet Man"--great movie, with great chemistry between John Wayne and O Hara.  He wasn't otherwise an actor I enjoyed much, but they were both terrific in that film.  Love the brawl at the end.

I loved "The Parent Trap" too: perfect film for tweens and young teens.  The great California house, the prim Boston house.  Brian Keith was a wonderful actor, and O'Hara was great in that movie, too.  And what a supporting cast--Leo G. Carroll, Nancy Kulp, and of course Hayley Mills with her great teen accessories of that day.  I actually owned one of the dresses the "Boston" twin wore in one of the Boston scenes--the black watch plaid cotton dress with the white bib. 

Anyhow, she did have a great career.  I was reading on Huff Po that she got her start in Dublin's Abbey Theatre.

Honored Contributor

I always wanted to be like her and DH wished I had been. LOL  Beautiful, fiesty, and a strong appearing woman.  I loved every movie she did with the Duke and I think he enjoyed her as his leading lady.  She was so great in all her work.  Signs of a proud woman/performer.  May she always be remembered and respected.  Rest In Peace special lady!  We will love you always.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."