Valued Contributor

Re: Just read Maureen O'Hara has passed

Maureen O'Hara and Doris Day are two of my all-time favorite actresses. Doris is also in her 90's.

I always enjoyed Maureen and John Wayne in movies together, especially "The Quiet Man" and" McClintock". I'm also a fan of her movies "Miracle on 34th Street" and "The Parent Trap". 

I'm sure TCM will have a day of tribute and show many of her wonderful movies. 

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite

The Quiet Man was one of my favorite movies and I loved her in it!  She was a lovely and classic beauty.  I admired her because she seemed both elegant and strong.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

What a beauty... loved her movies. RIP.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

She was a beauty and my father's favorite actress.

My father loved her too.  The Quiet Man was his favorite movie.

As a little girl, I had Maureen O'Hara paper dolls. With most paper dolls, there was almost always a gown in the collection.  My sister and I loved dressing all our stars in their formals and having a ball.  Problem was there were no men to dance with them.

Regular Contributor

She is one of favorite actresses from that great Hollywood era. I just love love love all the movies she costarred in with The Duke( John Wayne). Their was a certain chemistry between these two actors..My fav are the Quiet Man  and Miracle On 34th Street. Can't forget all the other movies they made together. Hopefully TCM will now play many of these.

Honored Contributor

@tishkins wrote:

She is one of favorite actresses from that great Hollywood era. I just love love love all the movies she costarred in with The Duke( John Wayne). Their was a certain chemistry between these two actors..My fav are the Quiet Man  and Miracle On 34th Street. Can't forget all the other movies they made together. Hopefully TCM will now play many of these.

John Wayne wasn't in Miracle on 34th Street.