Respected Contributor

Re: Just paid off our home today

WOO HOO !!!😀🍾😀 !!!

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

When my mom passed away a few year ago, she gave me a nice inheritance, and my DH and I paid off our house.  I am so so so glad we did. My DH developed Alzheimers and passed away last year.  I am living on his social security, and there is no way I could have made the house payments if the house wasn't paid off.  You just never know.....

So, congratulations on no more house payments!!!!  It's is a good feeling.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

havent read all replies but we have finacinal advisor & 

dh retierd jan 1st told him pay off the house & he was all into it. we did it yep I own all the weeds I own everything but it's fun we own the house

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations!  That is a wonderful accomplishment.  Our property taxes are more than twice yours - we get a bill every six months.  My husband loves our home; I really wonder if we will be able to afford to stay there after I retire (he's already retired).

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Congrats! This is one of the most wonderful days of life! Knowing that bill is gone for good should make you sleep better at night!!

But as my mom always says, "they make sure you never really own your home, because the taxes can cause you to loose it, if you can't keep up with them". 

Why are property taxes so high in Washington? Do you all get better than average services from the state, or what leads to that above average tax bill?

I don't think those taxes are all that high.  They are higher than mine but I have friends who live 2 cities over from me in Ohio and they pay more than that. 

If you think those taxes are high, look at the taxes in say New Jersey. That is crazy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden Congratulations, what a feeling of accomplishment, you should be very proud of yourselfves!

Honored Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@jubilant@CareBears@Lipstickdiva@aggravated@sissel 

ANDTo ALL all OF YOU who commented on this thread and congratulated me and DH for paying off my home THANK- YOU 🙏🏻for your kind words!  Your comments meant a lot to me, really!  Sorry I was not able to thank everyone sooner AS.........

I was banned  by the moderators from posting for 6 days 😮due to a link I posted not knowing that it had been posted previously and removed.....so so I was punished 😪 For posting it again.

I feel it was a just punishment by moderators for my error and  am grateful to be able to now post again.  I will be more careful in the future to only post  what is  allowed and try to be more careful to abide by the rules.  I am grateful to be able to post here as it feels like a group of friends. 

Enjoy your evening everyone!🙂