Contributor

Re: Just paid $1.52 a gal. for gas in N.E. Mo....

Just paid  1.52 in South Texas.  If you reply to this post tell where you are from (at least the state) $1.49 doesn't tell me much. Thanks

Honored Contributor

$2.75 where I am. Yep, no discount here in DC, let me tell ya.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was $1.28 on the way to work (in Oklahoma) this morning and while we as consumers who drive may be lovin' it, the oil and gas producers sure aren't - there have been massive layoffs in my state due to the drop in oil prices. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, they keep saying on the news that the reason the stock market is so low is due to the oil prices being so low - that those who have the money to really control wall st are antsy over not making money on their oil stock so they are driving other prices down. Of course it is good for the average working joe but not when he is watching his 401k tanking. We have only a small portion of our savings in stocks - we are heavily into municipal bonds as our finance guy thinks that is a much safer place for retirees money. Not a huge return but very low risk.

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

It was $1.28 on the way to work (in Oklahoma) this morning and while we as consumers who drive may be lovin' it, the oil and gas producers sure aren't - there have been massive layoffs in my state due to the drop in oil prices. 

My nephew was laid off but he hated working in the oil fields anyway so he's taking advantage of it as an opportunity to go to school paid by unemployment. 

Respected Contributor

Washington state and I paid $2.30.  Hubby pays $2.49.  Well what do you expect with some of the highest gas tax in the nation?  :-(

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Unfortunately, they keep saying on the news that the reason the stock market is so low is due to the oil prices being so low - that those who have the money to really control wall st are antsy over not making money on their oil stock so they are driving other prices down. Of course it is good for the average working joe but not when he is watching his 401k tanking. We have only a small portion of our savings in stocks - we are heavily into municipal bonds as our finance guy thinks that is a much safer place for retirees money. Not a huge return but very low risk.

That just proves the point that the system is rigged to hurt the little guy and reward the big players!

Remember back in January 2009 when people were saying that by now we would have $9 a gallon gasoline? It didn't happen - yet they same people are complaining about their bad oil stock investments now!!!

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Shogirl wrote:

My nephew was laid off but he hated working in the oil fields anyway so he's taking advantage of it as an opportunity to go to school paid by unemployment. 

I remember when I was on unemployment years ago and had been working and going to school. They made me choose, I couldn't continue my college classes and collect unemployment beause I had to be available to work any shift. And this was in CA. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

$1.74 in Western suburbs of Chicago...

Hey @brii what station did you go to as I just paid $2.44 at the Costco in Oak Brook . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe, Oak Brook?  That's about 10 minutes from me.

I was at an Elmhurst station.