Trusted Contributor

Re: Just observation - why are so many VERY OLD threads...

@Lipstickdiva

I was curious so just had to look. You are SO RIGHT!

Not only having a conversation with herself/himself but AGREEING  with the posts. 🤣🤣

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Recently I opened a thread that looked interesting and I started reading it.  I almost responded to a post when my eye hit the date of the thread, it was in May of this year.  I laughed and moved on to the next one.  I don't see a problem in old threads being brought up and actually a few I saw were some I had missed and found them interesting.  The way I see it is if one is brought up we don't have to open it and if we do we have two options, read it or move on to the next one.  No harm done.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@makena

@makena wrote:

I don't see the big concern.

No concern!!! Just curiosity 😉 

Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I miss all the stuff people consider trolling on this site and I'm checking this forum out all the time. I think I have pegged all the posters who are mean and try to stay away from threads they are responding to. I don't mind if someone brings up an old thread, no big deal and who even remembers half the time if they responded to some thread years ago. Let us not drive new people from the forum by calling them trolls when we have no idea what their intent was. There are so few interesting noncontentious threads being started these days anyway.

I agree. I can’t imagine being new to the posting world and deciding to jump in and try a post here. Not knowing all the ins and outs, I comment on one that appeals to me, only to be accused of being a troll. How hurtful and unnecessary is that. 

I think some people act like this is their house and how dare new people come in to their domain.