Trusted Contributor

Re: Just observation - why are so many VERY OLD threads...

Good Observation.  Someone just probably looks back at old topics to comment.

I do not know how to begin a topic....can anyone tell me where i find the instructions to do so ?  Sorry to ask this on your thread, but I have been looking all over and cannot find how to begin one >>>>>>?????????????

Honored Contributor

@Spurt, “someone (could have) said” without it being true. Since it still happens from time to time, if anything was done I’d think it was primitive, minimal and not terribly effective ;-(

Since it still happens (though the obscenities haven’t resurfaced as much), I think perhaps they just blocked a couple of IDs and hope it doesn’t happen again. JMO. 

And we have the periodic threads started asking for forum shut downs at Xmas to “save us” from potentially being exposed to/terrorized by/given heart attacks by obscenity, even DEMANDING that moderators be ordered to work or SHUT THE FORUMS DOWN on all holidays. You’ve seen such threads.

If there actually WAS a measure in place, I think a moderator would have posted to say so, or something would have been said officially to inform those freaked out by the possibility.

Actually, I’ve never seen anything posted officially about the troll-bombings from QVC at all; they just clean ‘em up and move on with hardly a word.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There is a thread about halfway down this page about new show hosts and a "newbie" is on it and appears to be having a conversation with herself.

I saw that too @Lipstickdiva Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Spurt, “someone (could have) said” without it being true. Since it still happens from time to time, if anything was done I’d think it was primitive, minimal and not terribly effective ;-(

Since it still happens (though the obscenities haven’t resurfaced as much), I think perhaps they just blocked a couple of IDs and hope it doesn’t happen again. JMO. 

And we have the periodic threads started asking for forum shut downs at Xmas to “save us” from potentially being exposed to/terrorized by/given heart attacks by obscenity, even DEMANDING that moderators be ordered to work or SHUT THE FORUMS DOWN on all holidays. You’ve seen such threads.

If there actually WAS a measure in place, I think a moderator would have posted to say so, or something would have been said officially to inform those freaked out by the possibility.

Actually, I’ve never seen anything posted officially about the troll-bombings from QVC at all; they just clean ‘em up and move on with hardly a word.

@Moonchilde

Oh yes, the tales and panic that ensued over the Christmas Eve attack--OH MY....the only "official" word was when someone asked one of the Mods some questions and one of the Mods replied.......of course that's something you dont want to get too specific on less the trolls use the info to plan a counter attack, but yes your probably right QVC probably didnt invest a heck of a lot of money in taking big measures to prevent it again, the way upgrades are few and far between around here........They might have just blocked some isp addresses ......

There is a person that I think the mods are getting a tad tired of and have been shutting down his/her threads on a regular basis these days....purely inflammatory posts

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I miss all the stuff people consider trolling on this site and I'm checking this forum out all the time. I think I have pegged all the posters who are mean and try to stay away from threads they are responding to. I don't mind if someone brings up an old thread, no big deal and who even remembers half the time if they responded to some thread years ago. Let us not drive new people from the forum by calling them trolls when we have no idea what their intent was. There are so few interesting noncontentious threads being started these days anyway.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the explanations or scenarios. I guess I've never searched for a specific topic but I do agree most are postings from "new posters" and some are always a problem OR something negative (about Q).

your explanations make sense sometimes I'm going to reply - I check "posting dates" so I don't reply to older threads.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There is a thread about halfway down this page about new show hosts and a "newbie" is on it and appears to be having a conversation with herself.

I don't know if it's the same one you're talking about, but on the one I saw like that, I got the impression the poster was reading along, hitting reply on individual posts, and not realizing it didn't work that way and no one knows what she's referring to lol. (That was a long sentence.)

Honored Contributor

Yesterday was a thread about  a members husband ,that is a doctor going to help with  the hurricane in PR, it was closed,but then a new reply ,then closed again , i could not understand how that happened.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I don't see the big concern.

Trusted Contributor

It's very possible they found the thread through Google. That's how I found these forums in the first place. They probably wouldn't notice how old the thread was at all.