Respected Contributor

Re: Just made my first & last order from Overstock.com!

I am confused because OP has not specified when the order was placed.  She said "the last of October".  Does that mean Halloween?  That isn't even that long ago.  I understand the OP is angry because her credit card was charged before the item was shipped, but some etailers do that. 

So what will the OP do when the order arrives?  Will you keep it?  Is it something you still want? 

Respected Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I am confused because OP has not specified when the order was placed.  She said "the last of October".  Does that mean Halloween?  That isn't even that long ago.  I understand the OP is angry because her credit card was charged before the item was shipped, but some etailers do that. 

So what will the OP do when the order arrives?  Will you keep it?  Is it something you still want? 

OP has been told the item has shipped several times when it has not.  This is one of the things angering her.  It would anger me too.  Of course delays happen, but I think  the vendor should explain the situation, not just keep jerking the customer around. 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I've also ordered from them for many years, many times, and haven't had problems.   One time, however, I did get an item that didn't work right out of the box.  It was a low-ticket item and they just gave me my money back so that was nice.

I'm sorry you are having these problems.  Maybe their system is just kind of fubar right now and it's truly on the way.   Fingers crossed that you get it tomorrow.   

They really have been a pretty good company for a lot of years so I hope this is just a fluke.   But I could totally understand your desire to not go back there again.   Smiley Happy  I probably wouldn't either.   There are retailers out there from which I felt burned and I never went back.

@chickenbutt

Ah, chickenbutt...leave it to you to provide my first laugh of the day!

We're aging ourselves, but I had to laugh out loud at your mention of "fubar"!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

What date did you actually order it?  The beginning of October, the end?