Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@Tique   My heart goes out to you. My sister lost a son who was hooked on drugs and alcohol this past Christmas Day.  She is still grieving, of course, but told me things are getting better.  Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and the family in the days ahead. My deepest sympathy to all who knew and loved him. 

@jubilant   thank you for your kindness but I think this was meant for @Athome2.

@Athome2  Tique is right....it was meant for you.  Sorry for the error but the sentiments are the same. I have seen what my sister has gone through and I do so feel for you and others who have loved and lost like this. God be with you.

@Tique   Thanks for pointing this out.  I appreciated your letting me know. 

Super Contributor

Love and prayers to you dear in this hardest of time.  I can't imagine how tired you must be.  May God give you the strength for the next few days and weeks and then send you loving friends and family to care for and support you through this.  Know that there will be healing, sunshine and light, and eventually laughter and peace.  It won't always be like this.  Your son will be remembered and God knows "every hair on his head".  Love and hugs from this mom in Wisconsin.

Respected Contributor

I am very sorry for your loss of your precious son. Yes, he mattered. Yes, he was loved. And yes, he will be greatly missed by you, your family and those others who loved and knew him. It's a difficult new journey for you and I wish you the strength to travel on it. 

Contributor

THERE ARE NO WORDS THAT I CAN SAY.  I WAS IN THE SAME PLACE 4 YEARS

AGO AND THE PAIN IS STILL THERE.  OUR LIVES MUST GO ON BUT THE MEMORY WILL ALWAYS BE THERE.  I AM SO SORRY

Respected Contributor

@Athome2, your son, James, was a brave young man whose illnesses caused him much pain and suffering through no fault of his own. He tried so hard to overcome the conditions that overwhelmed him. I cried while reading about him last night and again today. He and your father are gone now. Their passing away must be especially devastating to your husband since his health is also a battle. James mattered to you and your husband and the rest of your family and to many others who knew him. Please know that he has touched me very deeply although we never met. I'll be thinking and praying for you and your family.

Esteemed Contributor

@Athome2 

My heart goes out to you!!  I  have been thru a child's loss -  twice!!   Honestly, this will be the most difficult time in your life.  I can only say...let yourself grieve...cry, scream, hit something!! Crying in the shower really helped me. 

Though passing years help, that raw hole will always remain there.  In time, you will remember all the good and happy events in your son's life!!  Songs, movies, scent of food, celebrating holidays and family traditions will become happy remembrances.

Sending thoughts for strength, peace and serenity to you and family!!!

Frequent Contributor
@Santoni, I’m so sorry you had to go through this. I will do in the future as you’re doing now and try to help other mothers. Thank you
Respected Contributor

@Athome2   I am so very sorry for your loss.  I have sent up prayers for you and for all who are mourning this young man who will aways be your "baby boy".  He is now wrapped in the comforting arms of God and will remain Forever Young.   God bless you and yours in the days ahead.

Linda Heart

Frequent Contributor
@silverlining. Twice. I’m so sorry to hear that. It’s so sad but please know you’ve helped me because of your kind words and perspective. All of you have helped and I want to thank you all. We got a call from the psychiatric hospital yesterday (where he was the last time we saw him as an outpatient) and they had mot of the things he had with him when we brought him down to the sober house. We went down and got them and so we have more than we thought we would. He was very childlike in that he loved “things” so we have little things like the coins from his AA meetings down there along with the new laptop we got him for zoom meetings just before he left and also some clothes and his giant (my dad gave it to him) wall crucifix. This last was heavy but he lugged it around with him so that means a lot to us in terms of his faith. We also have talked to people from the sober house and AA meetings and found that, even in the short time he was there, he impacted them and they’re grieving. His therapist at the hospital also was able to fill us in on his state of mind. He’d checked in that night by phone and wanted his ride in the morning to his therapy so we now know he was surrounded by people who cared and that he had hope and plans. This makes such a difference. I can’t say what a difference. I want to thank everyone here one more time and bless you all sweet ladies, especially those who have lost a precious child of your own. I will never forget this.
Esteemed Contributor

Stay strong

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix