Respected Contributor

Deepest condolences on the loss of your son @Athome2 .

Esteemed Contributor

@Athome2 , such sad news.  I am so sorry you have this to deal with.  Your son does not have to suffer anymore.  Be gentle with yourself.  I offer my prayers for you and your family.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, yes, @panda1234 ,   so very true.  Prayers up for you and your family in the ongoing struggle.

Thank you @Oznell @for keeping us in prayer as this is a daily struggle.

Valued Contributor

@Athome2 wrote:

I read here a lot and don’t know where else to go right now but our dear youngest child, our son, was found dead of a drug overdose on Thursday. He had aspbergers and also sever mental illness (diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar and schizophrenia) and was trying to get himself clean at a sober house. He’d been to many meetings but no doubt thought he’d use just one more time and so we’ve lost him. I’ll see my precious boy in a coffin on Monday and I’m sobbing as I write this. Our lives have been bombarded in the last few years with my husband’s leukemia and disability, my father’s death here at our house six weeks ago (peaceful thankfully) and now this. I guess I’m just asking if there are grieving mothers out there- I know there are. I’m doing what I need to do right now and thank God I have three other children, all doing well, all loving him and us and helping and I will be contacting compassionate friends. I guess I just wanted someone to know he’s gone and that he mattered even though he seemed like he was “weird” because of all of his illnesses. He fought so hard and was so hurt and so brave.
He was only 26. I posted this in mom to mom also. I hope that’s ok

I am so sorry for the loss of your son..your husbands illness and your father's death~I pray the Lord will hold you close..and cover you with His love! Heart

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for you.  I send you and your family prayers of healing.

Respected Contributor

My heart breaks for you. I lost my youngest son over a year ago. Honestly there isn't an answer for us. We just do the best we can. We were very close. He was 27years old. Was troubled and very depressed. I know that my husband and I tried our best. I honestly   Will never be over it. You have your family and it helps us. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Athome2 wrote:

I read here a lot and don’t know where else to go right now but our dear youngest child, our son, was found dead of a drug overdose on Thursday. He had aspbergers and also sever mental illness (diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar and schizophrenia) and was trying to get himself clean at a sober house. He’d been to many meetings but no doubt thought he’d use just one more time and so we’ve lost him. I’ll see my precious boy in a coffin on Monday and I’m sobbing as I write this. Our lives have been bombarded in the last few years with my husband’s leukemia and disability, my father’s death here at our house six weeks ago (peaceful thankfully) and now this. I guess I’m just asking if there are grieving mothers out there- I know there are. I’m doing what I need to do right now and thank God I have three other children, all doing well, all loving him and us and helping and I will be contacting compassionate friends. I guess I just wanted someone to know he’s gone and that he mattered even though he seemed like he was “weird” because of all of his illnesses. He fought so hard and was so hurt and so brave.
He was only 26. I posted this in mom to mom also. I hope that’s ok

@Athome2  - I'm so sorry for your loss, more than words can say. May his memory be a blessing, and may you treasure the time you spent together. Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I ma so sorry.  I really, really am saddened to hear this.   I have a brotherwho suffers, and I do mean suffers from..schitzophrenia and bipolar he also has other issues. If that isnt enough.  People with mental illness suffer so much.  It is liek the mind never gives them a break.  It is a constant battle.  Most people

who have these illnesses,  do battle wth addictions and other demons  I am sorry your son has had to deal wit these issues.  As we know, when they suffer, we all suffer.  It is a family disease.  Please check in and let us know how you are doing.

again I a sorry, and I wish you peace .

shoekitty

Regular Contributor

I lost my husband inseptember of 2018 and 3 months later

I lost my son due to brain cancer. I am trying to put life together but it will never be right again.

Respected Contributor

You and your family have my deepest heartfelt sympathy.  

Please take time and care for each other.