Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, @Athome2 ,  am so very sorry for your loss of your precious son.  So many struggle and struggle with mental illness and substance abuse, and the family suffers right along with them.  Have no doubt he was brave, as were you as well.  Our family has had such struggles, and so many others.

Take care, @Athome2 --  know that others are thinking of you and praying for you and your family. 

@Oznell @You are so right when you say the family suffers right along with them. Our daughter has severe mental illness with no possible recovery and it's a difficult thing to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so very sorry. We have also lost a son, losing a child is so very different from any other grief. Surround yourself with people who love you and loved your son. It is a very long hard road, you are now the keeper of his memory. When you are ready, a support group is very helpful, they are all different. Keep looking for one that feels right to you.  Take it minute by minute.

Trusted Contributor

I just wanted to reach out to you, and to tell you how very saddened my heart is for you. Heart

Addictions are in my own family, and have touched the lives of my friends, and their family members as well.

My heart really goes out to you, and you have my deepest condolences during this sad time.

May your beloved son rest in peace. Heart

Super Contributor

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear son Smiley Sad   *hugs* Heart

Honored Contributor

So to all of you, I'm so sorry for your losses.  It's painful beyond words. 

Just sending warmest and gentle hugs to you all.

Trusted Contributor

@Athome2  So sorry for your tragic loss. I pray that God will bring you and your family love, comfort and peace.

Honored Contributor

Oh, yes, @panda1234 ,   so very true.  Prayers up for you and your family in the ongoing struggle.

Frequent Contributor
@lindsaysgrandma, I’m so sad to hear you’ve lost so many, including two of your precious children. You’re always so positive here and posting sweet things. I will take you and so many here as my example and try to honor his memory by loving others. @Sappiregal, your son was so close to age to mine, and I’m so sorry to hear this. I just want to hold mine and laugh one more time because he could be so wonderful to be around or he could be so tortured in his mind. Sometimes he didn’t know where he was and would lose days of memory. I’d jut have his head in my lap and pry over him some nights when he was so terrified. May God bless all of you here. You’re all helping me so much, you’ll never know how much. I’m so glad I came here. I wish I could mention and thank all of you by name you dear ladies.
Frequent Contributor
@colliegirls, I’m so sorry on the loss of your dear son. What you said is lovely, that I’m now the keeper of his memory. Our first grandchild is going to be born in late November and James was so excited for his brother (who is our oldest), especially because he told James before he told us and James loved to know something before anyone else. We will make sure she knows how her uncle James would’ve loved her. I plan to seek out a support group near me, as you advise. I’m a loner and introvert by nature so this is hard for me but I know this is a road where I need others who have traveled it before. My goal is to be able to help others (so many) who will lose their precious babies in the future as you ladies here are helping me. Thank you all so much
Honored Contributor

@Athome2   This was just discussed in another thread where a lot of us had loss.  If you are akin to it, I also am an introvert and keep to myself and I kept a grief journal when I lost the closest person to me.  I just sat and wrote several times a day through my tears until it gradually tapered off through the years.  Now I pull it out maybe a few times at best.  It was very helpful to me and I leave it here in case it's something you may want to try.  I have never gone back and re-read it.  It was just a tool to talk to my loved one whenever I needed to.  Heart