Honored Contributor

Re: Just lost our son

[ Edited ]

@Athome2  I am so sorry to read about the loss of your son. I have not lost a child but I do know firsthand from observing a loved one the loneliness one who has Autism can suffer. As a loving mother to your son, your pain was sometimes equal or even surpassed his. That's over for him. Now your journey of having to continue without his physical presence begins. As others have said, his life mattered. Keep his memory alive with your family and other loved ones. When you feel like it, come here.

42 CONDOLENCE MESSAGE GIF | * CondolenceMessage

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Valued Contributor

I'm so sad to hear your news, and so much.....  Please lean on your family and friends during this time.  May good memories of your son (and your father) surround you and light and love.  Please know that others care, even if we've never met!  I will pray for peace for your heart and family.  Take care. 

Honored Contributor

@Tique   My heart goes out to you. My sister lost a son who was hooked on drugs and alcohol this past Christmas Day.  She is still grieving, of course, but told me things are getting better.  Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and the family in the days ahead. My deepest sympathy to all who knew and loved him. 

Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness @Athome2, even though the words sound so very hollow....I am so very, very sorry.   I imagine you do have tears writing your post.  I have tears just reading it.

I cannot imagine your pain and grief at this time.  It has to be just unreal for you right now.  Sending you virtual hugs and will certainly keep you in prayer.  HeartHeart

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

My heart hurts for you. I pray your home soon become a place of healing and restoration and you feel genuine happiness and peace again. You will always feel loss but I pray your peace becomes more powerful. Please keep reaching out to people when you need to talk about it. Take very good care of yourself.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@Tique   My heart goes out to you. My sister lost a son who was hooked on drugs and alcohol this past Christmas Day.  She is still grieving, of course, but told me things are getting better.  Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and the family in the days ahead. My deepest sympathy to all who knew and loved him. 

@jubilant   thank you for your kindness but I think this was meant for @Athome2.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss 😔

We lost my stepson to an overdose a few years ago. It is such a difficult thing. 
Prayers to you and your family 🙏

Frequent Contributor

@Athome2   Your words are so touching and so evident of your love and devotion for your son. God knows so well the love of a mother. Your son is in God's heart, as are you.

Thank you for trusting and taking the time to share this with us. 

Honored Contributor

So much all at once! Woman Sad

Yes. Your son mattered very much. He was a precious child of God and deserved everything good. I read your love in your tribute to him and it was very moving to me. I agree that he was very brave to fight his illness so long and so hard. All the love and comfort to you. Heart

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.

There are people here 24/7 to talk to, so know that you are never alone.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN