Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Athome2   Oh, my heart breaks for you and have tears in my eyes reading your post.  Please know that I will keep you in my prayers.

He did matter, and all of us are "weird" in some way so don't even worry about what others may think.  From your post, he was incredibly loved and will be missed.

Please take care of yourself and I hope you can gain some comfort by others who may offer their support and words on this site who have been down this road before you and will know exactly what you are going through. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I feel so badly for you the pain you are going through right now!  

I'm sure it was a struggle all along as you watched him suffer for all these years.

Any time you want to talk about him, I, and I'm sure many others, would love to hear stories about him, from the time he was little and on.  If that would help you. Heart

Condolences, too, for the loss of your father.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  I'm not a grieving mother but I am a Mom.  Sending thoughts and prayers.

Respected Contributor

@Athome2 I am so, so sorry for the loss of your precious son. What he was dealing with is just unimaginable, and it sounds like he was trying hard to overcome it, but it just overwhelmed him. Sending prayers to you and your family. 

Respected Contributor

@Athome2   I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved son.

You have had so many burdens to bear with everything.  Dig deep down for that strength you need right now to cope. 

You have all of your wonderful memories and love for your son with you always.  Look at the years you had him in your life as a blessing.

I wish you peace.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Contributor

My heart is broken for you. Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved son. I cannot imagine your pain and I hope you feel the love that I am sending you at this sad time.........

Honored Contributor

What can anyone say, how terribly, terribly tragic.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Just lost our son

[ Edited ]

(((@Athome2)))   My heart and my love go out to you.  I lost both of my babies and like so many others here share and understand and long to be of service, to help bind up your wounds, heal the brokenhearted.  After the death of one of her children, Dr. Joanna Cacciatore, a grief counselor, wrote, "I have five children; four who walk and one who soars."  

She also wrote this: 

"What will I do to honor your memory?  

Weep for you.  Miss you.  

Be kind to a stranger because of our love.  

Invoke your name so others will honor you.  

Stand in awe at the beauty of all you are.  

Meditate on your life and death.  

Carry you in my heart wherever I journey.  

Show mercy to all sentient beings.  

Ask for your forgiveness; And presence.  

Unfold your love into the world.  
Remember your beauty
." 

You already honor your beautiful son, @Athome2 .  "He mattered..." your words open your heart to us and fill our eyes with tears.  He mattered, and you carry his light forever forward by sharing the gift of your benevolent grace.  May your son rest in peaceful paradise.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Re: Just lost our son

[ Edited ]

@Athome2        Dear, Sweet At Home - words cannot express my deep sympathy on the loss of your beloved child.  

You and your family are in my prayers.  

((Hugs))

Respected Contributor

How heartbreaking for you. I know words may not help but know that I am saying a loving prayer for you and your family. Very sorry to read of the death of your lovely son.